Time to go back to 2.1?

rkirmeier

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
One of the problems you are going to have is.. you can kill the service but Android is going to re-launch the app again for the reasons I mentioned in Trust's post. All of the tv's at my house are on Win7 MCE's while my Media Server has YawCam which serves up to IP Camera Viewer Lite. I am familiar with the hack you are talking about and unfortunately I have never been able to get the hack to work on any of my MCE's..I just remote into mine and do whatever I need to do. lol

I never had any problems with the TS hack. Have done it on a few XPs and 1 Vista. Been planning to install Win7 but need to make sure the hack is available on Win7. I use RAdmin for my console type remote desktop but need RDP for logging into a dedicated alternate session for running NetRemote.

lowetax

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
robink - i put a shortcut to Manage Applications - touch Running - and Force Stop the app (which doesn't mean it won't restart!) just takes 2 seconds...

EvoRoy

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I'm rooted, running AC-ROM-Froyo 2.5. Thanks for the tip on the shortcut. Makes the process a little less painfull to kill and app...

I was having a major battery problem while using that ROM I don't think it is a bug or anything but I switched ROMs reinstalled all the same apps and my problem went away.

rkirmeier

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I was having a major battery problem while using that ROM I don't think it is a bug or anything but I switched ROMs reinstalled all the same apps and my problem went away.

Interesting... I didn't think it was bad until I installed and started using IP CAM Viewer. What ROM did you go to? I do want sense...

kenlperry

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
You must be completely clueless! I'll put this in all caps so maybe it sinks in... TASK KILLERS DO NOTHING IN FORYO (2.2)! Google removed the API that allowed developers to kill processes so it is basically impossible unless a developer goes about it another way (via root access) then I suspect it could not be distributed via the Market.

Hey robink, if what u say is correct, then tell me something. I have a task killer on my Evo running Froyo(2.2). And if I go into Manage Application, Running Apps and see an app running, for example MARKET, I can force a stop there and it disappears. But I can also leave it running and then go to my task killer and kill it and then when I go back to Manage Applications, Running Apps it is no longer running. So how is this possible if you claim task killers don't work in Froyo?? Because I've tested this for multiple apps. I start them and then check that they are running in 'Running Apps', and then when I use the task killer and go back to check they are no longer running. So that seems like the task killer is working to me. But if you know otherwise I would truly appreciate an explanation so I can know what u know. Thanks!!!!

KP

rkirmeier

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I guess I should have checked Task Switch before I started this thread!!! It has been update for Froyo and will kill tasks. I can't tell you how much I love this add-on! When you hit the home button it shows you all your open apps (not all the services and background stuff just your apps) and you can switch to one or hold on one to kill it. Used this on 2.1 but when I lost the task kill option it just didn't seem all the great anymore. I came from a Pre so being able to see what apps are open and to close/kill them is nice.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member