Hotmail Activesync - HTC Evo

aramos44

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys I'm a newbie here. I i just got the new HTC Evo and was unable to set up the Exchange Activesync with my Hotmail through the native email app. However I foubd a way to get it to work. See below.

1. Download and install the attached "Email.apk". (You can install with Astro file manager. Which can be downloaded free from the Android Market)

2. Download and install the app "save my attach".( Can also be downloaded for free from the Android Market)

3. Now your ready to setup your Hotmail Exchange Activesync account/s.

- Enter the Email app previosly installed and enter the following info for each account you wish to add.

Press "Menu" and click "Add account"

Username: username@hotmail.com (or @live.com)
Password: **********

Then click "Manual setup"

Domain\Username: \username@hotmail.com (or @live.com) make sure you include the "\"

Server: m.hotmail.com

Make sure you check both "Use secure connection (SSL)" and "Accept all SSL certificates"

Hope this helps. It did for me!!! :)

CGWaters

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Just found this thread. What is the difference between the native HTC mail client and the email client associated with the .APK attachment?

I have an HTC Incredible with Froyo. I already sync with my company's Exchange Server via ActiveSync. I was hoping to sync with my MSN mailbox using Microsoft's recently published ActiveSync interface. But when I attempt to add a second Exchange ActiveSync account in Menu > Settings > Account, it only lets me edit the existing Exchange Server account--not add a new account. Is this something that this new email client would help with?

blueshadow

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
You are my hero!! I spent the past two days fighting with my incredible trying to get hotmail to sync correctly. Followed various instructions on other websites but yours was the only one to work!

ab807

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
This worked! My only question is, how do I get back to the account that I just set up. when I go to the email icon on my Evo it is still showing my original Hotmail account.

Also, I notice that the mail and calendar look a little different. Does this mean I am working off of 2 different versions of calendar and email or is it all sync/merged as one?

ab807

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
For some reason my phone is saying that is cannot connect to the server in order to download my emails using this new workaround. Any idea how I can find out what's wrong or make changes to the settings if need be?

When I click on settings I'm only able to the basic stuff; nothing having to do with the configuration of the email client.

Please advise! I have not had an update since Aug 23.:'(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez