Whats with the fear of backup batteries?

eye4ni

May 17, 2010
Visit site
but thats not a lot of use. Standby & idle are your main uses. Display has hardly been on. Easy to say you get great battery life if you're not using the device very often.

True, but on most days, I use my phone a lot more than this, and I have NEVER got below 50% at the end of a very long day... 8am - 2am.

Dave Blake

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I stopper by my local Sprint store yesterday to purchase an extra battery for those long days and the tech in the back just gave a battery for free. Got to love those Sprint techs.

limitproof

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I have 3 batteries in rotation, (2 spare, 1 original) and I always carry one fully charged spare at all times. no sweat. dont knock it if you havent tried it. thinking its a lot of work is silly. best $10 i spent.

Scatabrain

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Man I been rocking spare batteries in my fifth pocket on my jeans for years started back with my A900 . I work twelve plus hour days and am no where near any places to recharge . I am a heavy user and I don't mind burning my batteries down daily..

Ditto. Not any trouble to do this at all.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Bujin#IM

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I have 3 batteries in rotation, (2 spare, 1 original) and I always carry one fully charged spare at all times. no sweat. dont knock it if you havent tried it. thinking its a lot of work is silly. best $10 i spent.

I pretty much do the same. At work, I have a cradle so during the week isn't much of an issue, but I have two spares and carry one on weekends. The other one is used by my wife (EVO) or my son (Hero).

Buying a spare (particularly with a charger) is a very inexpensive solution, with a payoff of using the device to its fullest.

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I just use a portable usb energizer charger...great when I am away from an outlet, etc.
Energizer Portable Charger for Smart Phones and More! | Staples?

I do the same thing. Have an older 2200mah Sprint one and an Energizer 8000mah one. These are great because I can use them with all my devices. The bigger one will even run my laptop.

I don't care to be swapping batteries in my phone for the reasons mentioned above. Plus my phone lasts all day no problem.

ReggieTee

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I really don't think anyone has a fear of a backup battery. You just shouldnt "Need" a backup battery to get you through the day imo.

Well, most people think they still care Motorola Razrs. With any smartphone one shouldn't expect to have a battery last them any more than the day.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Well, most people think they still care Motorola Razrs. With any smartphone one shouldn't expect to have a battery last them any more than the day.

That's not true. The problem is that battery tech hasn't kept up with the rest of the phone. RIM finds a way to make the battery on a Bold last two days of pretty heavy use. I know, I know, Blackberry's don't do half of what our phones (or pretty much any Android phone) can do. But maybe they did that so people have good battery life.

Go to crackberry and see how many people are pissed at the battery life of the torch because it only lasts a day.

I want my smartphone to get me through a day of my usage without me worrying about having to charge it mid-day. I know we're not there yet so I deal with it. But I don't think it's too much to ask to have a battery last a full day. FWIW I wasn't trying to say go get a Blackberry (I hate Blackberry's) but it is a smartphone and the battery life is good.

Roscopcoletrain

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

That's not true. The problem is that battery tech hasn't kept up with the rest of the phone. RIM finds a way to make the battery on a Bold last two days of pretty heavy use. I know, I know, Blackberry's don't do half of what our phones (or pretty much any Android phone) can do. But maybe they did that so people have good battery life.

Go to crackberry and see how many people are pissed at the battery life of the torch because it only lasts a day.

I want my smartphone to get me through a day of my usage without me worrying about having to charge it mid-day. I know we're not there yet so I deal with it. But I don't think it's too much to ask to have a battery last a full day. FWIW I wasn't trying to say go get a Blackberry (I hate Blackberry's) but it is a smartphone and the battery life is good.

Exactly. Personally, If I can go all day on a single charge, Im happy. Having to plug my phone in by noon, Im not.

Ive been a blackberry user for a few years, and you really get spoiled with the excellent battery life. And Im a heavy user.

Give me at least 1 full day on a charge. Thats all I ask.

Buckeyes

May 31, 2010
Visit site
With the Seidio 3500 extended battery, I am at 66% after being unplugged for 1day, 49 minutes. This is after Internet, texting and Phone calls. Not extreme use, but normal use of the phone. This is the way to go.

barleydude

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Exactly. Personally, If I can go all day on a single charge, Im happy. Having to plug my phone in by noon, Im not.

Ive been a blackberry user for a few years, and you really get spoiled with the excellent battery life. And Im a heavy user.

Give me at least 1 full day on a charge. Thats all I ask.

Maybe I had a bad blackberry, but I never got a full day's use out of it. So I had a spare battery for that phone :)

I'll be picking up a spare battery for my Evo.