Arrrrgh... Stuck on Download, Can't (re)Install Appbrain

srfcrzy

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
I'm having trouble downloading appbrain. Have been using it for months. Last update wouldn't download, so I uninstalled. Tried to reinstall it but I don't get install option, just empty progress bar and "cancel download." If I chose cancel download, I get a force close message from android market app.

What can I do?

On an Evo running 2.2.

Thanks

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
There is an issue with the market in 2.2. For some reason it just throws up errors like that. Sometimes it takes me 5 tries to get it to update. Some times if I wait an hour or so it works just fine.

The best thing I can say to try is to clear the cache for the market under settings > applications and see if that works.

Reactions: srfcrzy

srfcrzy

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, it's so frustrating. First time this happened was with Doggcatcher after I paid for it. Still can't download that.

Now a dumb question: Once I go to settings > applications, how do I clear the cache? Not seeing it...

Thanks again.

srfcrzy

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
It makes a lot of sense, though. Wish I had thought of it weeks ago when I had the same issue trying to download Doggcatcher after paying for it.

FYI, I also did a 'force stop' of the market app and cleared the memory, while I was clearing the cache.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87