Why is my fota update for october on my Samsung Galaxy s9 plus stuck on download paused ?

hivoltman

Nov 3, 2019
Visit site
I was leaving for work in the morning and as I opened my phone to turn on my Bluetooth speaker on my bike as I do every morning I noticed my phone had a firmware update that was ready for download I was running a bit early so I started the download. When I couldn't wait any longer to leave for work I paused the download, turned on my speaker and resumed download and left for work. When I got to work the download status bar was full and it said time remaining 00:00:00 and at the bottom of screen it also read "Download" when I click download it says "please wait". It's now November and still it won't install or finish downloading . I have tried rebooting , I've tried force stopping all apps associated with downloading the fota update process and then restating I've cleared data cache's, it simply won't do it and it's draining resources, slowing down other downloads , and I've noticed battery is draining somewhat quicker. What do I do ? I want this update because of new camera performance improvements. And that now it's November will this get in the way of November's update? All of this started on the 12th of October.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191103-010454_Software update.jpg
    Screenshot_20191103-010454_Software update.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

hivoltman

Nov 3, 2019
Visit site
Yes I tied all of that , I was trying to avoid a factory reset. I got so much stuff on this phone and it takes day to get it back to the way it was. I made a backup to my computer with Samsung smart switch but this was done after all this started so I don't know if it's just going to take me right back to where I am

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Did you also try using Smart Switch to do the update (as opposed to the OTA option on the phone)?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yes I tied all of that , I was trying to avoid a factory reset. I got so much stuff on this phone and it takes day to get it back to the way it was. I made a backup to my computer with Samsung smart switch but this was done after all this started so I don't know if it's just going to take me right back to where I am
If smart switch doesn't work your going need Odin reflash the firmware..might have 50/50 chance to save data if you want me show you

hivoltman

Nov 3, 2019
Visit site
Yes I would like that I installed it on on my windows 10 and u made a backup of my device but I don't see any option for installing the firmware. That was one of the reasons I put it on my computer, so I could do that. I have found the update on Samsung Mobile [site] so I'm assuming maybe the option will appear once I download it?

Last edited by a moderator: