New to Evo (from Pre) - question re music

PapaNoHair#AC

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
I just switched over to the Evo from the Palm Pre and cannot for the life of me figure out to install the music I have already purchased from Amazon and had on the Pre. By the way: I am very impressed with the Evo - have had it for 2 days now and every day I am finding out more things that I like. I decided to ask my questions one at a time - most I have found already.

PapaNoHair#AC

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
In process of trying to find out now how to download the Amazon songs I had already purchased. I plugged in the Evo to my iMac but I notice the SD card did not show up. Thanks for your willingness to help!

Doc

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
If you still have your Palm Pre can you transfer the music to your computer? If you can then do so.

Once your music is on your computer should be able to transfer it to your EVO. When you plug in your EVO it should give you the choice of Charge, Disk Drive etc... Pick the Disk Drive and you should then be able to access your SD Card on the phone like you would a flash drive.

You can also use Doubletwist to move your music from your computer (for Mac and Windows). Just make sure to download both the software for your computer and the app for your phone.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Doc

Reactions: PapaNoHair#AC

snake411

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I think the SD card is not formatted for Mac as another user here stated. Personally I never tried it.
Hmmm.. does the mac have a card reader? If so, then you might be able to get it that way.
Also, when you had it plugged into the mac, you did select disk drive mode on your phone, right?

Another thing... i wished when I was a new user that someone would have told me about SwiftKey keyboard. It just makes you type a lot faster and the more you use it the more it can predict what you're going to type. (Just thought I'd share.)

In process of trying to find out now how to download the Amazon songs I had already purchased. I plugged in the Evo to my iMac but I notice the SD card did not show up. Thanks for your willingness to help!

Sent from my Evo 4g

Caitlyn McKenzie

May 17, 2010
Visit site
The SD card does not need to be formatted for "mac". It runs on a FAT32 filesystem, which has been supported by almost ever OS ever since the dawn of time (or Windows 95, to be technical :p).

PapaNoHair#AC

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
Thanks - I still have the Pre so will try that method. The times I have connected the Evo with USB cable to my iMac I transferred my .doc files ok but never did "see" the SD card. Sounds like the Doubletwist method might be a good way to do it also. Thanks to all for all the help!!

Chewieez

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
The EVO SD card does not need to be formatted to work with a Mac, it will work straight out of the "box" er Phone.

Just follow the steps above and make sure to choose "Disk Drive mode" it will mount without trouble.

I used Doubletwist to get my "Top Rated" iTunes playlist synced over. Lately I've been using PowerAmp for my music player, Pandora for internet radio, and Audiogalaxy to stream my entire iTunes music library to my phone. Audiogalaxy doesn't sound stellar but it's great to not have to worry about what music to from my 20 gig library to put on my 8gig SD card.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
accessibilitys86