Google Voice application question

snake411

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm taking about the actual application that lets you make calls from your Google Voice number. Not the call back app, the regular g. V application.

So, this application let's you make calls from your Google Voice number and i was wondering if when you use it, does your sprint minutes to down as well? Or does it not touch your minutes? Anyone have any idea what I'm talking about?

Sent from my Evo 4g

bucko21

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Most of the calls now through the app are LD to some, I use Flex Dialer Lite and have it dial my number and it is a local call.. If you contact Sprint I think they have a friends and family thing called Call home and it allows you that one number to call without using minutes..

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Google Voice updated some time ago, I'd say around 2 months so if you got it after that you were already on the new version.

I use google voice exclusively for voice/text and I've been alright, but if you find yourself bumping up against your minutes it'd be worth it to setup GV w/VOIP, there's a few different ways to do this so I suggest with some googling to get you started.

How did it change? I didn't download any software update.. did you? And it seriously uses up the phone minutes now?

Sent from my Evo 4g

ving

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Doesn't having the Google Voice App defeat the purpose of free or low cost calls if it eats into your free minutes provided by your network operator? :S