What would you do (ESP/Warranty Question)

its_miller_time

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Ok, Ive had my EVO since launch day and just this past weekend, I have noticed my phone's screen is starting to develop these brighter spots on the screen. It is really noticeable when on a screen that is white. There are about five of them. The phone was not dropped or anything and has been in a case the entire five months I have owned it.

I want to take it to a service center, but I know one of two things will happen...1) They will laugh at me and call me stupid for such a petty thing and/or 2) they will order a replacement and I will get a refurb (no such luck, I don't want a refurb).

Thoughts? Do I put up with it or brave the service center?

Doc

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
It is a question of how much these pixel problems are bothering you. If it interferes while you are viewing the screen you may feel it is worth while getting a refurb.

Just remember that you are having problems with your phone so a refurb may be better.

Doc

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I had the same exact problem, got a refurb, I think but it felt like a brand new phone, even smelled like one. It was def. done at some factory I'm pretty sure and I've never looked back. I got my original on launch day and the spots were just killing me.

It is a question of how much these pixel problems are bothering you. If it interferes while you are viewing the screen you may feel it is worth while getting a refurb.

Just remember that you are having problems with your phone so a refurb may be better.

Doc

reynoldsrobbie

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Im also on the fence about taking mine in. I have a nickel sized spot on mine that bugs me whenever the screen is white. Now my speaker is blown on it and I dont even listen to music or have an audible ring??? Do you have to pay anything to get a new phone if I didnt cause the damage?

jlboi913

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
A lot of repair centers have just screen to replace out now depending on the hardware version. They will most likely replace just the screen for free if you have TEP or $35 without it.