Acer Spin 513 - outer casing vibrates while charging

Sim8

Jun 2, 2018
Visit site
Ignore or definitely do something about?

Details:
Sometimes while on charge, the outer case vibrates at a high frequency. It's most noticeable in the top front corners with the screen closed down. Only started in the last couple of weeks. Have had it for two years with no such issue previously. Vibration doesn't occur when not plugged in. Have checked power cable and everything is plugged in firmly. Portuguese model being used in Portugal. Vibration does not affect my use in any noticeable way. Charge indicator normal. Otherwise appears to charge normally.

First I noticed it, I touched the outer top casing while it was closed and thought to myself, why does that feel rough? Further investigation revealed that it wasn't roughness on the smooth casing top, it was vibrating at high frequency. Sometimes it seems OK while on charge, but more often it vibrates. When I notice it, I unplug it immediately, and the vibration stops immediately.

Has anyone heard of any such odd thing happening on any model of Chromebook or laptop previously?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or tips

Si

Sim8

Jun 2, 2018
Visit site
Thanks, @B.Diddy - that's both reassuring and stacks up because almost all the outlets aren't grounded in the building I live in. Vibration is getting worse and happening right now with the Chromebook open as I'm typing this, but now I know what to focus on to remedy the issue. Much appreciated.

Reactions: B. Diddy

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000