Screen making a popping sound

DonnaJ415

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I've had my EVO since august and my screen is beginning to make a popping sound when u press on a certain part of the screen .... anyone else experience this ? It's not affecting performance ...yet...but it is annoying... should I just Bing it back to the store and get a new one

vel7wil

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I've had mine since June and haven't run across anything like that....I'd take it back for repair or replacement......at least get it checked out

DonnaJ415

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Yes it seems to happen when I am holding imo the sides.... like the screen is shifting in place.... weird

Called up Sprint and a new one is on its way!

PM-Performance

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
mine kinda does too. doesnt pop per say, but you can hear a difference on tap sometimes.
Looking at it and feeling diff spots almost feels like the screen is lifted above the surround just a tiny bit enuff to see it and feel it flex a little.

DonnaJ415

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
It only happens when the sides have pressure on them.... but it never happened before in the few months ive had it. I just don't want to let it go...and then have he problem effect functionality

AnnDroid

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Just a thought. Mine was doing this, only making the noise when I pressed on the sides. Then I realized that I had just taken the back cover off to look at the battery. I hadn't fully pushed the cover into the phone, it looked closed, but I use an Otterbox cover over the phone, so it wasn't obvious.

DonnaJ415

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Just a thought. Mine was doing this, only making the noise when I pressed on the sides. Then I realized that I had just taken the back cover off to look at the battery. I hadn't fully pushed the cover into the phone, it looked closed, but I use an Otterbox cover over the phone, so it wasn't obvious.

Yes I see what you are talking about but that was not the situation.... the screen literally pushed down. I have had he sedio 3500 since day 1 (lol I bought the battery before I even bought the phone) and I have never had to remove it. It was just a popping sound from the screen being loose. I mean It wasn't a big deal yet but I could tell it was only gonna get worse.

I have my new ego in hand and I gotta say... it seems to be much better than my old one in every way. Even the sound rocker is more reaponsive!

life is just evoliscious!

Matty-Mo

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
I had noticed that when i first got my evo it was a solid build but after some use the back of the phone started to pop hardcore!

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Mine feels pretty solid right now.. hope it stays that way. Never hesitate to take your phone in for repair/replacement. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699