S22 randomly plays a sound

monkeycsk

Nov 30, 2017
Visit site
It's definitely a third party app you installed. I would try resetting all app preferences... if that doesn't work I would start uninstalling apps from the most recent back till you find the bad actor :p Or you could factory reset without restoring from a backup, and just start adding the apps you actually use one by one till you find the problem. A lot of third party "apps" are really just ads spelled differently... be picky about which ones you install ;)

'resetting all app preferences' meaning one app at a time (disable notification/permissions) or there is a way to reset ALL app preferences in one shot?

'third party apps' meaning apps that are not from google play, correct?

yes, my last option is to factory reset, and re-install one app at a time

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
'resetting all app preferences' meaning one app at a time (disable notification/permissions) or there is a way to reset ALL app preferences in one shot?

'third party apps' meaning apps that are not from google play, correct?

yes, my last option is to factory reset, and re-install one app at a time

Resetting your app preferences is super easy, just go into apps in your settings menu, then show all apps, then click the 3 dot menu in the upper right corner, then click reset app preferences. That will reset all your apps to their default settings. It's fixed some hard to find bugs for me in the past ;)

And "third party apps" are any apps that did not come on your phone stock, or weren't made by your phone manufacturer like Google/Samsung etc. It doesn't matter whether they're from the Play Store or not.

I hope you don't have to factory reset... but it will fix the problem if you end up going that route.

monkeycsk

Nov 30, 2017
Visit site
Resetting your app preferences is super easy, just go into apps in your settings menu, then show all apps, then click the 3 dot menu in the upper right corner, then click reset app preferences. That will reset all your apps to their default settings. It's fixed some hard to find bugs for me in the past ;).

thanks for for your help. i did the 'reset all preferences' this morning. will continue to monitor the odd sounds/Ad and report back if this fixes it.

have a great day!

monkeycsk

Nov 30, 2017
Visit site
thanks for for your help. i did the 'reset all preferences' this morning. will continue to monitor the odd sounds/Ad and report back if this fixes it.

have a great day!

** update
the strange Ad sound comes back after i 'reset app preferences'. too bad, i may have to bite the bullet and do a factory reset

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
If you ever find out what app it is, please come back and let us know.

I once had the same problem for weeks before I found the app that was doing it. In my case it was a live wallpaper legit from the app store, but the sound didn't make sense with the wallpaper. Like yours it would just randomly do it bit only 2 or 3 times a day max in my case.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

monkeycsk

Nov 30, 2017
Visit site
after exhausted all suggestions from other members here and not able to identify which third party app was the culprit, i bite the bullet and did a factory reset. thanks goodness the mystery sound is gone for good.

i want to say 'thank you' to everyone who replied to my posting.

monkeycsk

Nov 30, 2017
Visit site
If you ever find out what app it is, please come back and let us know.

I once had the same problem for weeks before I found the app that was doing it. In my case it was a live wallpaper legit from the app store, but the sound didn't make sense with the wallpaper. Like yours it would just randomly do it bit only 2 or 3 times a day max in my case.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

at least you were able to identify which app. i tried and tried with no luck, so i took the factory reset route.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
after exhausted all suggestions from other members here and not able to identify which third party app was the culprit, i bite the bullet and did a factory reset. thanks goodness the mystery sound is gone for good.

i want to say 'thank you' to everyone who replied to my posting.

That's good to hear! Keep in mind, though, that if you restored the phone using a recent backup and reinstalled all of the same apps, there's a good chance the sound will happen again.

monkeycsk

Nov 30, 2017
Visit site
That's good to hear! Keep in mind, though, that if you restored the phone using a recent backup and reinstalled all of the same apps, there's a good chance the sound will happen again.

right, i took the save route and re-installed the apps manually.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrjhe29