Quick question....help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

reverepats

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
hey guys.....im pretty new to this OS so dont bash me so early OK....LOL...nah but listen, I finally came over from being an outdated BB fan....THANK GOD RIGHT?....but listen. everyone is telling me to grab and "advanced task killer". Now i hear its a good idea.....then i hear its the worst thing i can do....But my question is.......as i navigate thru my device...go into the settings.....check me email.....whatva....if i go into my "running services"....or the "task killer" that i just installed.....how come it shows a bunch of apps that i didnt even open...LIKE, NOVA (game), AMAZON MP3, Sprint Navigation, Facebook, ect........why are these opening (or at least it says there open) when im not even physically opening them....now i know thats the whole idea of the "task killer".....but im just wondering......is it the OS?, and how it runs?.......id like yur thoughts on this so i can get a better understanding about whats going on...,...thanks fellas!!!

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
hey guys.....im pretty new to this OS so dont bash me so early OK....LOL...nah but listen, I finally came over from being an outdated BB fan....THANK GOD RIGHT?....but listen. everyone is telling me to grab and "advanced task killer". Now i hear its a good idea.....then i hear its the worst thing i can do....But my question is.......as i navigate thru my device...go into the settings.....check me email.....whatva....if i go into my "running services"....or the "task killer" that i just installed.....how come it shows a bunch of apps that i didnt even open...LIKE, NOVA (game), AMAZON MP3, Sprint Navigation, Facebook, ect........why are these opening (or at least it says there open) when im not even physically opening them....now i know thats the whole idea of the "task killer".....but im just wondering......is it the OS?, and how it runs?.......id like yur thoughts on this so i can get a better understanding about whats going on...,...thanks fellas!!!

ok So not all operating systems are created equal if this was the case there would be nothing better than anything else and we would all be carrying tattoos of an apple on our forehead..... that being said you can not assume that because other platforms need task killers that android does... android is designed differently..

Do you need a task killer?
No you def dont and anyone who tells you otherwise doesnt know how modern android works... in the early days yeah it was good to have

Why do you see apps open that you didnt open?
because Android is designed to make use of pieces of other apps to run more smoothly, in a sense apps share certain files. so although you see apps open doesnt mean they are active, just a piece of their files is being used as a resource.
So by shutting them down you are actually slowing your running processes down.

i would write more explain how android handles apps and memory but im at work and i just cant right now.....

but in a nut shell, you dont need a task killer, dont worry about memory for running apps that little green guy has you covered

reverepats

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
ok So not all operating systems are created equal if this was the case there would be nothing better than anything else and we would all be carrying tattoos of an apple on our forehead..... that being said you can not assume that because other platforms need task killers that android does... android is designed differently..

Do you need a task killer?
No you def dont and anyone who tells you otherwise doesnt know how modern android works... in the early days yeah it was good to have

Why do you see apps open that you didnt open?
because Android is designed to make use of pieces of other apps to run more smoothly, in a sense apps share certain files. so although you see apps open doesnt mean they are active, just a piece of their files is being used as a resource.
So by shutting them down you are actually slowing your running processes down.

i would write more explain how android handles apps and memory but im at work and i just cant right now.....

but in a nut shell, you dont need a task killer, dont worry about memory for running apps that little green guy has you covered
wow thats great...no you answered more than enough. thats some good info and i really appreciate it...its funny cause my father was just asking me the same thing about the other apps running.....but i didnt know they all share different files and what not.......thanks alot man.....much appreciated

Dave Blake

May 7, 2010
Visit site
We have a lot of threads about task killers around so I'm going top clogs this one sounds like you got your answer. If you have any more questions post up.

Later,
Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.