EVO Swype on new update

Droid613

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I accidentally saved a word in my user dictionary while I was texting, I proceeded to go to settings>language and keyboard where I would normally find the user dictionary and it was gone. In it's place was Swype, which I switched to and it works wonderfully so far, tutorial and all. I had no idea this was released with the update, I do miss my dictionary as I don't know how I will delete those words that I mistakenly saved.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I accidentally saved a word in my user dictionary while I was texting, I proceeded to go to settings>language and keyboard where I would normally find the user dictionary and it was gone. In it's place was Swype, which I switched to and it works wonderfully so far, tutorial and all. I had no idea this was released with the update, I do miss my dictionary as I don't know how I will delete those words that I mistakenly saved.

If you have a saved word in swype by mistake just retype the word then highlight the word and hit the S (Swype) button in the bottom left of the keyboard and it will ask you if you really want to delete the word...

Reactions: OnePalmAddict

NuMom2J

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
I just got my Evo yesterday and I'm wondering where is swype? If it was available in the latest update then wouldn't it be available to me?

verwon

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Did you do the update, yet? I received my Evo on Wednesday and the latest update had to be installed.

Posted from my eVo!

mikemsd

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Go to any text entry field, and long press in it. Select input options, and change it to Swype. If it's not there, try to check for updates and make sure you have the latest one. I had a friend that just bought an Evo and he was 3 releases back.

AustinPaul#AC

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Got my EVO yesterday. Did not realize it would have needed updating, but sure enough it did. Just did the update moments ago and, voila, there's Swype.

verwon

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I didn't realize it, either, until a friend asked me if I liked Swype, she told me how to activate it and when I tried, it wasn't there. She then told me I needed to install the update.

NuMom2J

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Oh okay. I have done an update since having the phone. But no swipe as of yet. What exactly should I be looking to update? I did a software one and also I think a firmware one...can't remember. But I'll take another look.

hearture36

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Oh okay. I have done an update since having the phone. But no swipe as of yet. What exactly should I be looking to update? I did a software one and also I think a firmware one...can't remember. But I'll take another look.

You should look for an HTC software update and it should come up right away or go to menu>about phone>software information and then look at your software number and it should be 3.70.651.1 and if it is you might as well go to menu>settings>language and keyboard and you will see swype under there. If it is which it has to be if you are all updated then you just have to long press on a text input area and it'll come up.

NuMom2J

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Thank you all...I did another update and there it was (along with some more bloatware...ugh, oh well).

I love swype, but i've gotten so used to using the regular keyboard i barely use swype. i have to be really...and i mean REALLY...lazy to use swype lol.

fatyank#AC

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
Backspacing using Swype

I've updatd my EVO and really like Swype now that I've had a few weeks with it. The only thing I haven't been able to figure out is how to back space without deleting letters or entire words. On the regular keyboard there are 4 arrows to let you navigate anywhere in your text. I can relocate cursor with my fingers but my fingers aren't exactly small so it takes a few attempts to get it right. Does anyone know how this is done?

Slow_S10

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Ok just so I'm not starting a whole new thread... How do you perminately delete things out of the dictionary?

I have done the highlight word and hit the S key and it says that the word has been removed... but it never is.. I have all kinds of random non words and numbers and crap that are in there and I would love to be able to just go down a list and take all that crap right out. Or for it to at least stay deleted when I delete it.

I don't know if this is because I have used several different keyboards on my phone maybe some of them have interacted in somesort of weird way to break the dictionary... I don't even know if they all use the same dictionary or if each one brings it's own to the party.

What can I do?

fatyank#AC

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
Thank you

Thank you Anndroid. I should have done more checking before I asked. That has made a big improvement when using swype. One more question. Does anyone know how to make a check mark using swype? Actually I've never found any OS that has a check mark as a symbol. I've seen every squiggle known to man but no check mark. Thanks in advance.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty