I did it! Bought an Evo

hopefulfarm

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Grabbed an Evo from Ebay. Should be here late this week. Soooo, what do I need to know coming from a BB 8530? I should be able to handle activating it online, when I do, will sprint recognized the Evo and prompt me to upgrade with the added $10 premium unlimited data fee? I have TEP on my BB, so can I keep the TEP active to cover this phone since I didn't buy it through Sprint? :eek:

So I don't plan on rooting yet, too chicken. :eek: I don't think this phone will have been updated with the latest software update from Sprint, not sure at this point with all the reading I've done if I even should do the update yet, it sure looks like it's caused some serious issues.

I'm most excited because I travel to Houston in a week and I want to see how the Evo does in a 4G market!

Super psyched!!

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Congrats! There are a bunch of threads here about coming from a BB that you should do some searching for, I'm sure they will help out.

I'm pretty sure you can keep TEP on your phone.

If you do ever plan on rooting, don't update your phone when you get if your'e prompted! Your right about that, the newer software makes it harder to root.

Congrats again and enjoy!

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
You will enjoy. Me personally,I came from palm pre, and that needed to be " rooted" out the ying yang just to be usable. To me, after coming from that,I feel no need to root. Great just the way it is.

Evo-lution

hopefulfarm

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Thanks everyone, so psyched for it, good thing work will be busy as I"ll be waiting eagerly for my "new" phone

I'll post down in the Sprint forum to ask about TEP.

So now on to finding the perfect accessories! :cool: :cool:

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Hello, hopefulfarm.
Glad to have you on board... Welcome to Android Central - rooting isn't necessary at this time. Please get familiar with your phone first.... Read This

For off topic chat - Join us in General Chat.

Enjoy the forums.

OrangeGTP

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
congrats! i bought mine last week from radioshack online...i kept TEP and the $10 charge is automatic once the phone is activated.

vel7wil

May 17, 2010
Visit site
You'll really enjoy the difference betwen 3g and 4g.....had te 4g experience has launch date and when I'm out of 4g range its really,,,really noticeable

hopefulfarm

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
awesome. I'm super excited and hope it shows up before I leave for TX.

I have the Sprint Overdrive which is 3G/4G and took it down to TX on my last trip and the difference was incredible.