Question google play system update automatically or do you have to do it manually?

y2jman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
i know been down the road last month when 1st time i manually update google play system update from june to july

now i don't know if i have to do it for now on it still saying july on my end currently it should be on aug or sept right?

if i don't manually update it and check it should perhaps automatically update on its own by end of month sometime perhaps this week?

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm pretty sure that if you wait long enough, any available Google Play system update will install automatically. You would then be prompted to restart the phone. It's hard for me to say for sure, though, because I check manually on a regular basis.

y2jman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
ok and it is supposed to not be on july google play system update but sept eh

earlier this morning my phone got 5.1.1 ui home my google play store was showing old version 37.3.29=29 but after i left charger half of the day its now 37,4 29 29 i

past week i did see that my google play services i think there was an update but i look into that awhile ago seems up to date

so all i need to do now just wait for google play system before end of the month possible either this week day or by end of month then it notify over wifi new version and i guess after restart jump from july to sept

y2jman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
oh it is aug so that should do it automatically by itself i don't need to do a repeat like i did last month july to aug by going into system information find google play system update click it found update told me to restart to finished update i just didn't know because when manually update last month 1st time btw that i mess it up and now have to manually update it time to time

Last edited:

y2jman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
i want to bump this if i recall last month i think before i upgrade the 1 way i recall i think in security and privacy under updates i saw red google play system updates now right now its green

does that mean that my s20 phone haven't yet to receive aug update or if doesn't come by end of month i still need to manually check it?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
ok and it is supposed to not be on july google play system update but sept eh

earlier this morning my phone got 5.1.1 ui home my google play store was showing old version 37.3.29=29 but after i left charger half of the day its now 37,4 29 29 i

past week i did see that my google play services i think there was an update but i look into that awhile ago seems up to date

so all i need to do now just wait for google play system before end of the month possible either this week day or by end of month then it notify over wifi new version and i guess after restart jump from july to sept
Which Samsung you have that says 5.1.1?

You have to periodically check play system updates, if it does update automatically I haven't seen it yet .

Don't beat yourself up over this as Google having issues when an update is available.

Reactions: J Dubbs

y2jman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
i got 5.1.1 on s20 plus i got that past week from verizon it was on wed despite they written it down website last friday

so you telling me that despite that if i go into security and privacy instead of software info find click on google play system update and it showing a green checkmark saying up to date saying last updated was july<-when i manually update it last month it's possible if i click on it will prob update to aug version?

like i said last month when i 1st look into security and privacy i did notice red checkmark but i did update it from there went into software info and update it after restart so i'm little confused if my phone supposed to be on aug google play system update how come its showing green checkmark up to date ? or does that mean that my phone hasn't gotten aug update buy will by end of month very confused by this situation

Last edited:

y2jman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
i know shouldn't bump this but i just check and there's no aug update it still saying google play system update july

so does that mean my s20 plus phone doesn't have aug and will get it 1 day this week or week after aka last week of sept or what

can folks who has s20 plus phone clarify if they are still on july or supposed to be in aug? surely i didn't screw it up last month by manually update from june to july and yes i did both ways security and privacy despite green checkmark and software info click on check for updates google play system update nada

according to samsung chat just few mins ago they saying its still on july should update to aug soon but won't tell me when

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greenbelte16