EVO as GPS - Suggestions?

ctd4x4#AC

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I purchased my EVO last week more than 1,000 miles from home, and used Google Maps Navigation (beta) as my GPS all the way back. Absolutely awesome, so I pried the old Garmin off the dashboard.

I've got 50 addresses in my Garmin that I've exported to Excel.

Using Google Maps Navigation, what's the quickest/easiest way to get those points into my EVO? I see that I can add a "Direction & Navigation" shortcut. I've done this for Home and Work, manually entering them.

Is there a quicker/better way to get all my addresses into Navigation? I really want to have an entire menu screen of GPS shortcuts that I can one-touch to get where I need to.

Thanks.

vr6glidriver

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
I believe that you can associate an address with a contact and it will pull the data from the search field in Google Maps - then you could search be destination instead of full address.

Dave Blake

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I have not done it but can't you use my maps in Google on your desk top to create a map of those locations maybe even import.them directly to a map. I know you can call up my maps in Google maps on your EVO. That might work for you.

Later,
Dave

ctd4x4#AC

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I just created a batchgeo map of my points, imported them into my maps, and starred them all. There's an option in Navigation to see all your starred locations. Thanks!

kamtsa

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I purchased my EVO last week more than 1,000 miles from home, and used Google Maps Navigation (beta) as my GPS all the way back. Absolutely awesome, so I pried the old Garmin off the dashboard.

Same here but I keep my Garmin in the trunk for emergency. Don't want to get stuck in the middle of the desert with no cell coverage ;-)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa