Anyone know when the EVO will be upgraded to Gingerbread?

Bigfire

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure there is a thread that Honeycomb can be discussed in, so stop highjacking this thread to flame each other about whether or not HC will come to cell phones or not.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Yepee, I await your presence Mr. Gingerbread man
MSN-Emoticon-laughing-127.gif

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Anything about the new version of HTC Sense as well?

That part was not said to me. Still I don't see why the new Sense would not be included here. Would be a total head scratcher if it's not included. My hunch is that Sense 2.0 will be on there with Gingerbread. No reason for it not to be.

Reactions: XCypserX

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
They could leave it out to sell more devices. I really hope its on there though. Then I wouldn't have any reason to run launcher pro.

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
They could leave it out to sell more devices. I really hope its on there though. Then I wouldn't have any reason to run launcher pro.

Sprint most likely won't allow them not to put that part of it on there. Considering the Evo and Evo Shift are the flagship devices. So about selling devices wouldn't matter considering Sprint does not have other HTC devices.

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
I hope so, I would love to have the new sense. I think there are some minor things that could be changed. But I really want gingerbread now with sense.

Glenn

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
So no new news on the thread topic? Aka Gingerbread? Am I to assume my device is already out to the Android pasture?
As I've stated, lack of news does not mean an update is not in the works.
As I recall, even with the Froyo update, no release date was ever announced prior to release (aside from the leak that was about three days earlier than the actual release). All we heard was that they were working on it, and it might take time, and then suddenly, BOOM--here's the update.

In Google's video is specifically says in the video "built entirely for tablet".
Which has no bearing on "exclusivity." They also said Froyo was not built for tablets. Didn't stop manufacturers from using it on tablets.

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
No they didn't. They say said HC was going to be optimized for tablets. Pretty much all other versions are not designed for Tabs, but will work. And HC will be able to take advantage of what Tabs can do.

It's in Google's video.. Yes "Honeycomb" was built and intended for tablets. Watch the official Google video. It says it in that video. Not to mention many Google people have said the exact same thing.

Spruce1969

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Did they give a date in February or March when Gingerbread would be available?

Did anyone at Sprint confirm the February and or March timeline for Gingerbread and do you think that Sense 2.0 will be with it? In my growing experience with Android, sense is a essential part of my Android experience.

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Did anyone at Sprint confirm the February and or March timeline for Gingerbread and do you think that Sense 2.0 will be with it? In my growing experience with Android, sense is a essential part of my Android experience.

I haven't heard anything for sure, but I'm getting pretty excited. I think if I say gingerbread around my wife one more time she might divorce me. I really hope the new sense is a part of it. I've tried all of the most popular launchers and still like sense the best. The only thing is the big grey lock bar.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty