Can't add second Gmail account

hopefulfarm

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
after a search I haven't found an answer..

I just got my Evo. Just activated it today, enjoying playing with it.

However, I cannot get this damn phone to add my second gmail account. I have tried over and over and over again. I've rebooted the phone. It says it is connected and that it's tied to my phone, but nope, so such deal. It's not there, it's not syncing. Nothing.

Frustrated.

EDIT:

Wow, the 20th attempt worked! I have NO idea why. Persistence???

Last edited:

hopefulfarm

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
No! In fact it was telling me that the account was "now linked" to the phone, but it wasn't.

Ah well. I'm glad it finally worked because that second Gmail account holds all my major contacts! :cool:

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
How long did you try to get it up and running?

It can take sometimes about 15 min for an email account to fully sync with a new device. But that can also vary

hopefulfarm

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
well over an hour and a half. I rebooted the phone probably 5 times just to see if I was hosing things up.

What worked was adding it through the actual gmail app by using the menu button, not pressing up at the top on the accounts and going to add that way, not adding it through the settings/accounts feature of the phone. Even tho trying those ways told you that you can add an account that way. It didn't work.

And when I did it the way the phone liked it took less than 5 minutes to sync up.
:cool:

This phone is SMOKING FAST over my old Berry.

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Well.. That was weird. Oh well, stuff like that will happen from time to time with different phones. Price to pay for better technology i guess.

But congrats on the Evo, it is an amaazing phone.

Skipper#AC

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Adding a 2nd Gmail address

Adding a 2nd Gmail address - My tunnel vision of using the Gmail App resulted in hours of visiting forums & web searches to no avail.

Google solved the problem by utilizing the Email App. Now I can have all my email/gmail addresses under one roof for better organization.

The Email App will do everything for you, as it did me, but you may want to see more by signing in to Google https://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=114408