Stay with evo?

syphex

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I love my Evo it's been the best phone I have ever had, but I would almost say take it back. If your like me and like having the newest technology out I would say see what happens closer to June.

taniabonita52

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
keep it because at least you know your evo is stable. perhaps the new phones that come in march will be more of a headache than an enjoyment... you can't bet on something that you don't even have in your hands at the moment. at least the evo is a sure bet and you know its reliability :) just my thoughts...

Reactions: ChrisGonzales90

deferom

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
The best advice I can give people who are looking to by a new phone is to buy for the present.

Buy what fulfills your needs today and forget about tomorrow.

Pure87

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I'd stick with the evo. With it being pretty snappy with its large screen, it would take a lot of convincing to get me to upgrade.

thomasanderson

Oct 31, 2009
Visit site
If your 30 days will last you pass the first 2 weeks of Feb I say wait and see what Sprint will announce as the Evo's successor and then make your decision. But chances are 9/10 that something better is coming this July, so if you're like me and have to have the next best thing, take it back. If I dont have a new phone by CES I always wait until the summer. The only time I got burned was buying that Godawful Pre. Worst phone Ive ever owned bar none.

vnmous1

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Long story short, son't chase technology. You'll never catch it, and even more so in this sector. It simply moves too quickly. There's a lot of knowledge on the forums and there's 8 months of "time in grade" with this piece. I'd stick with it.

bj

Reactions: noyps2

tbizzy1985

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I just got my Evo about 2 weeks ago, and I thought about the same things. . . But after having it, like said before it's gunna take an awful lot to make me switch phones right now. This thing is a beast, best phone I've ever had by FAR

DNicolasL

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I'd stay with the EVO. Read up in the forums on rooting. It was the best thing I ever did and brought a whole new experience to my phone. Once you overclock you will be on par with most of the new phones anyway.

noyps2

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Long story short, son't chase technology. You'll never catch it, and even more so in this sector. It simply moves too quickly. There's a lot of knowledge on the forums and there's 8 months of "time in grade" with this piece. I'd stick with it.

bj

^This. Some of the best advice to apply to tech.

dcmidnight

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
The best advice I can give people who are looking to by a new phone is to buy for the present.

Buy what fulfills your needs today and forget about tomorrow.
Exactly.

Because in March there will be rumors about a phone in September and in June there will be rumors about the next big thing in December. If you waited around forever you would never have a new phone. I see this all the time with people over analyzing TV/laptop purchases.

I just got the Evo and love it so far. Even if I knew for 100% certain there was a new one coming out in XXX I would keep it. At least I'd be fully enjoying this phone for the next 6ish months waiting for the next one to be released.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
You can't go wrong with an evolution(Evo).

I believe this phone is definitely in the top three of all smartphones for 2010-2012.

original00

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Based on when the original Evo came out, you can't really expect the new Evo to be released close to march. You can probably try to get a less expensive smartphone on ebay/craigslist to save your upgrade if you can wait. Thats what I did

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana