Is there an app to create a mobile hotspot?

Linkchomp

Droid Monster
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Is there a good app(without rooting) that I can use that will create a mobile hotspot so I can hook my DSi and iPod Touch up? I really only need to use it once, which is why I have not tried the Sprint $30 thing.

etnpnys

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Somebody chime in here and correct me if I'm wrong, but can't you just do the one-click root and then use the root app from the Market?

Then you can un-root, correct?

Glenn

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Is there a good app(without rooting) that I can use that will create a mobile hotspot so I can hook my DSi and iPod Touch up? I really only need to use it once, which is why I have not tried the Sprint $30 thing.
Aside from the built-in app, all wireless tethering apps for the Android require root. Without root, you can hook the phone up to your computer via USB, and turn your computer into a hotspot, if you'd like. I don't know if that will work with the DSi or iPod Touch, however.

Somebody chime in here and correct me if I'm wrong, but can't you just do the one-click root and then use the root app from the Market?
The one-click root apps don't work for the Evo, as far as I know.

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
yes, z4root works as a 1 touch root and will provide user permissions when needing to run WirelessTether from the g---le code page.

i've used it multiple times in the past two months, and it works fine

EDIT: in the past two days, i've not gotten it to run. don't know why. might still work for someone else, but not for me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo