Completely new to Android Central....

Jays

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
First and Foremost you guys ARE THE BEST in giving information and instructions on things. I went from The Blackberry to the Evo and WOW! Thanks to you guys I've been learning so much about it. I do have a question though. How do I post my home screen on the site to share? Thanks In Advance Droid Fam!

HKM

Banned
Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Welcome, ya post away with your questions here in this thread let's not let it go to waste.

Sent from my HTC Glacier

ajonesma

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
First of all are you rooted? If you are rooted you can download a screenshot app like "Shoot Me" it will save the screenshot into your gallery then you can upload it to the forums ;)

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I use "Shoot Me" from the android market.

Shake to capture then upload to photo bucket - copy and paste URL to your post.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
No I'm not rooted.... actually afraid to do it. not really sure if it will mess up my phone or not.
Hi, Jays.

Welcome to the forum.

You don't have to be rooted to use "ShootMe" on your EVO.

I'm not rooted and it works fine. Rooting is an option, not a necessity.

Reactions: Jaysus

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site

HKM

Banned
Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
After I rooted my EVO it made my phone faster, but if you don't like it rooted you can always unroot it.

What does permissions base structure have to do with speed? How does root make device faster? You can amend other tweak with the given permission which makes it faster but root itself does not do anything other then PBS rights.

Sent from my HTC Glacier

Reactions: cloak.n.dagger

frankiepapa

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Welcome aboard!! This is the only place you will ever need to go for any information. Aside from a few chippy/snide remarks that will occur on any message board, the wealth of help and knowlede on this board rivals any other!!

Jays

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Android Central is the best hands down!!!!!!!!! thats why i chose it. but thanks everybody on the info. i really appreciate it. I was also looking into a 32GB that verizon is selling for $99.99 worth it?

mr.seth.price

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Android Central is the best hands down!!!!!!!!! thats why i chose it. but thanks everybody on the info. i really appreciate it. I was also looking into a 32GB that verizon is selling for $99.99 worth it?

if your talking about the Micro SD...i'd probably hold off till they come down in price and use something like Dropbox to offload non essential stuff that you shoot throughout the week/day/month to your pc/mac. Then you can call it back up at will. This frees up alot of stuff on my SD card.

Sugarsync is another option. Although I'm up to about 5GB of free storage with dropbox so..

Just a thought. I think 16GB card is probably the largest you would need unless you were trying to have some massive music library or something!

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site

It's hard to spring $99 on a 32GB card when you can pick up a 16GB card for $20. As recommended, I'd hold off on the 32GB cards until they come down a bit. I am using a 16GB card now and still have 8GB available.

Also, don't be afraid to root your phone. This forum is full of info that will get you through the process and will also give you access to some really great people that can get you out of any sticky situation. Rooting gives you access to the other 80% of Android that non root users don't get to experience. There is so much you can do with Android and by not rooting your phone you only get to experience 20% of what it really has to offer. For some the 20% is good enough, for the rest of us we need the full experience!:cool: