voicemail notification sound

momof2inmn

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
When I get a voicemail I get the visual notification in the status bar but only get the sound when I turn on my mobile connection (I don't keep it on all the time to save on the battery). I don't think it was always this way but I can't figure out what I may have changed to make it do this. There's got to be a way to get a notification sound without needing my data turned on.

Thanks for any help you can give!!

DaneHR2

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
I also have my mobile data turned off, but i don't have the problem you have mentioned. What have you tried to fix the problem?

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
You can check in sound profile, or notification sound. Make sure the settings in sound profile isn't set to silent, and set notification sound to one you can hear.

Ps. You don't need to turn off mobile. Mobile is needed for some website to work properly. It does nothing to your battery.

Best of luck.

momof2inmn

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
My sound profile is set to Normal, my notification sound is very loud so I know I'm not missing it (Minnesota Wild Goal Horn!). Notification sound within the email app is set to the same sound. I also have the same sound for my messages notification and that works just fine. I just don't know what else to try and why it is linked to data being turned on. I had thought that the sound just stopped working but then realized that it came on if I had data on or if I didn't clear the notification in the status bar and then turned on data. As soon as the data connects the sound goes off if I haven't cleared the status bar.

Any other settings that I could check?

momof2inmn

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Rushrl - does it really not take up any battery? I thought just having it on and tracking emails, facebook, etc. would drain the battery somewhat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress