Bothersome Scratch. How to Fix?

deferom

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
Well, my EVO got it's first scratch. :'(

Not sure how it happened, but it's about a centimeter long and makes a rainbow when the screen is on. I can't feel it on my skin and my fingernail barely feels it. Anyway, the rainbow is driving me absolutely nuts.

I've tried toothpaste, and it didn't work. It made it less pronounced, but it's still maddening. Does anybody know a way to fix it? I can't just take it to Sprint, as I'm rooted and running a custom ROM.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
You can always unroot the phone. I don't know if they(Sprint) would replace the phone for that... nonetheless, you could still try your luck.

Ps. Nothing won't get that scotch out. It's embedded too deep.

Good luck.

BigRick10

May 13, 2010
Visit site
They could replace just the top half of the phone. I've had it done before. Luckily for me I have a friend that is a service tech but she says they do it quite often.

prittyboy203

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
not sure there is this filler stuff that's clear and you slap it on its wet and dry's up nice a clear so it takes away any scratches it it used on glasses you should Google it can't remember the name

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

enzie5454

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
Some screen protectors claim to fill in or make scratches appear if they are not there. Try skinomi or ghost armor's website.

akarol

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I took my rooted phone to Sprint this weekend to get my screen replaced due to dirt under the glass and they replaced it right away (I have TEP so it was free). I also asked them to check my battery life because it was rapidly decreasing and they said because I am rooted, they can't tend to any software issues until I unroot. But they can fix any physical issues. If you don't have TEP, it will cost you $35 though.