Text Message received with Voicemail

packpackpack

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I have been receiving a text message notification when I receive a voice message. I have researched this a bit and found that Google Voice can do this but I am not using Google Voice.

Here is the notification I get with the phone number x'd out in parenthesis:

Unknown //ANDROID:(xxxxxxxxxx) has sent you a Sprint Voice Message. Ca..

That is the notification, but when I press the notification I am taken to the stock messaging app with no race of the message. can simply clear from notifications to get rid of it but it happens on each and every voicemail. I use 'Missed Call' as a notifier app but have no service for Voicemail turned on.

Has anyone seen this before? Thanks!

spiicytuna

Banned
Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
What ROM are you running? This happens to me on aosp ROMs with the stock vvm app. I use SPC from the market to get rid of the notifications but switching to another txt messaging Appt does the same thing.

Sent on the go from my HTC EVO

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
It's called "Text to voicemail" which you might have accidentally activated the thirty days trial period. This won't come off until the trial period finishes. Make sure not to subscribe to this subscription.

What is stupid about this "feature" is that it doesn't write anything the caller say.

Reactions: packpackpack

packpackpack

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
It's called "Text to voicemail" which you might have accidentally activated the thirty days trial period. This won't come off until the trial period finishes. Make sure not to subscribe to this subscription.

What is stupid about this "feature" is that it doesn't write anything the caller say.

I did not accidentally subscribe to that. Of course I notice it as an option in settings of Visual Voice Mail, and it still pops up a box allowing 'OK' or 'Cancel'. Huh, I guess I will just wait and see...

Thanks!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty