phone tracker

justin_aga

May 18, 2010
Visit site
A friend of mine has a Evo with a tracker on it and lost it. He's wondering if the people who found it did a factory reset, will the tracker still be active?

vnmous1

May 14, 2010
Visit site
A friend of mine has a Evo with a tracker on it and lost it. He's wondering if the people who found it did a factory reset, will the tracker still be active?

He's outta luck unless it's registered and tracking by MSID. Most "trackers" need an app loaded in order for them to communicate.

But, this begs the question; Why does anyone really want to track a phone anyway? Because they simply misplaced it? Fine. But for any other reason, unless there was some sort of major crime committed, just chalk it up to a loss and get a new one. The LAST think you want to do is go chasing someone for a phone.

Lookout allows me everything I need: I can have all my stuff backed up on their site (as well as my normal "onboard" backup to the SD card). I can track it if I wish. I can lock it. I can wipe it.

So, if I simply misplace it....I have the tools to find it.

If someone takes it, I lock it/wipe it and go see Sprint for a new phone.

bj

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
did your friend have Latitude enabled on the phone?

(assuming it's not been wiped)
if so, sign in on a computer and see where the phone is showing a location.

otherwise, you're kind of SOL. call Sprint, blacklist the ESN so it can't be activated on Sprint again, and put in for a replacement with your insurance

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress