TEP App

NxTech3

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
Download the TEP app if you are on Sprint and have the Total Equipment Protection. Text "Get App" to 7233 and a link to the app will be sent back. This is a Sprint Authorized App. It works just like Lookout except no anti virus, plus its included with TEP

maxima2k53

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Download the TEP app if you are on Sprint and have the Total Equipment Protection. Text "Get App" to 7233 and a link to the app will be sent back. This is a Sprint Authorized App. It works just like Lookout except no anti virus, plus its included with TEP

whats the purpose of this app?

akarol

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Useless App:

1) Google syncs contacts via push, which means it is live and consumes a fraction of the battery.

2) Location app requires phone to constantly use its GPS to report its location. That translates to, huge battery drain. Get Where's My Droid, or setup a Tasker profile like I did to only trigger the GPS and report its location when receiving a txt or the like.

3) Sprint apps are horrible in general.

NxTech3

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
Useless App:

1) Google syncs contacts via push, which means it is live and consumes a fraction of the battery.

2) Location app requires phone to constantly use its GPS to report its location. That translates to, huge battery drain. Get Where's My Droid, or setup a Tasker profile like I did to only trigger the GPS and report its location when receiving a txt or the like.

3) Sprint apps are horrible in general.

Actually i havent seen an impact in my battery usage and ive been running the app for two days now. Did you even try the app? The location service has its own intervals you can set, 60 minutes, 30 minutes etc, plus you can have the app turn the location service off at a specific battey point like 20 percent left.

All im saying is most of us are paying seven bucks a month for this inclusive feature, why not at least try it, if you dont like it you can uninstall it. Thats the purpose of Android, choice. Im in Sprints employ so ill keep it and sell more TEP!!!

NxTech3

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
whats the purpose of this app?

Contacts Sync, Location Service to find it if you lose or someone takes it, Remote Lock. All this accessible at Sprint.com/protection just scroll over the locate tab and click on app login using the same info you set up on the Android app.

bridic

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
I really dont care that the app backs up the contacts but I do like how I can sound an alarm to help locate it in the house and remote lock the device...all from the computer @ Sprint.com/protection.