Thinking ahead...upgrade my EVO?

illwood

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
There certainly doesn't seem like there is much for better options on Sprint yet.

If you had an itching for a slider, you could go for the EVO-shift or the Galaxy, but I'm planning on sticking with my EVO for a while.

Hopefully, there will be some good updates coming for the EVO.

Biggnaa20

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
HTC is usually pretty good about putting out updates to their phones in timely fashion. I'd bet you a Gingerbread cookie that there'll be a successor ready for release right around May/June.

If you are happy with whatever they come out with, maybe you can use your upgrade then.

nnb

SSjon

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I would also like to see a Gingerbread plus Sense 2.0 release for the Evo from HTC and Sprint. Before the new batch of phones this summer would be debatable. Sprint wants to sell new phones, so why give out upgrades on the year old models? Although some people, me included, plan on keeping my Evo for another year if the new software comes out. It may be already outdated but is still a kickass flagship phone.

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I'll be eligible for an upgrade to my EVO in less than 3 months. But what would I upgrade to? There's nothing better out there yet. Is there?

are you a silver premium member? if so? you better check you upgrade status again?
It might change this April?
Hopefully, your a gold member though?

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
CTIA is just a week and a half away. New phones will be announced so be patient. It should pay off depending on what is announced.

XCypserX

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
Seems like it will get gingerbread, but not the new sense.

I would also like to see a Gingerbread plus Sense 2.0 release for the Evo from HTC and Sprint. Before the new batch of phones this summer would be debatable. Sprint wants to sell new phones, so why give out upgrades on the year old models? Although some people, me included, plan on keeping my Evo for another year if the new software comes out. It may be already outdated but is still a kickass flagship phone.

JCool525

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm eligible for an upgrade in several months as well but there's no point in upgrading from my Evo, unless an Evo 2 is released by that time.