Always show home screen

V@no

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I've been using GW3Classic for 3 years. The battery stopped holding charge so I was forced to "upgrade". After purchasing GW6Classic my regret is growing exponentially. I personally don't see ANYTHING that is better than GW3, in fact IMO it's downgrade in software in every aspect, it's like samsung changes sh!t just to make it different, not useful.

The most unbearable "feature" in GW6 for me is when it receives a notification, it shows it every time the screen turns on and I have to manually press home/back button or interact with the screen to get rid of it. Show me the notification once, but next time I tilt my wrist to see what time it is, SHOW ME THE GOD DAMN TIME, not the f. notification again!

In GW3 it would show the notification, but it automatically goes back to home screen and shows a notification "dot" there.

My understanding this bs was introduced in GW4, is there still no setting for this?

V@no

May 11, 2011
Visit site
You should be able to go in settings and turn "screen come on" when get notifications off. I think it's under notifications setting.
There is a setting "Turn on screen", which simply turns on the screen to show new notification. And that notification will be shown again when you manually turn on the screen, via wrist flick or pressing a button.

kbboykin

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I have the GW6 Classic and mine does NOT do that. I get a notification and I get a dot. If I don't look at it, the dot stays but the home screen is NOT bothered. Here are my settings:

Watch -> Notifications->Advanced Settings:
  1. New notification indicator on watch face: ON
  2. Read notifications aloud: OFF
  3. Show with details: ON
  4. Turn on Screen: OFF
  5. Auto turn on watch notifications for new phone apps: OFF
Watch -> Notifications->Show Phone Notifications on watch: Show alerts even when phone in use: ON
Watch -> Notifications-Mute Notifications on phone: OFF
Watch -> Notifications-Do Not Disturb: OFF
Watch -> Dismiss alerts and calls: ON

V@no

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Nope, tested your settings - nothing changed. In fact the screen still turns on when I receive a text message (which it shouldn't) and it shows text messages until dismissed with a button. I'm using google messages, not samsung messenger.

tismydroid

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
Nope, tested your settings - nothing changed. In fact the screen still turns on when I receive a text message (which it shouldn't) and it shows text messages until dismissed with a button. I'm using google messages, not samsung messenger.
My GW6 does not do that either... I get a msg, it shows when I first get it and then gone all on it's own, with no interaction on watch. After that I only have a red dot to show that there is a notification. I also use Google messages so that apparently is not the culprit. I'll dig in my settings to see if I notice anything different than what was already mentioned.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like someone needs a factory reset

Reactions: mlblack16

V@no

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Factory reset didn't help (perhaps because backup data was restored)
However I found a setting:
Settings -> Display -> Show last app

By default, it was set to 1 hour, changed it to 20 seconds - seems to be acting as I'd like, except now it doesn't show new message dot on home screen, even though it's enabled in notification settings.