evo 4g antena

sthfatal

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
First off I wanna say I'm new to the site. I been looking at articles for a long time, I just never post. I searched but couldn't find what I was looking for. I have to evo 4g nd love the phone but one thing that really bothers me is that when I'm connected to 4g and happen to lose 4g for a second, I got to manually tap to search again. My girlfriend has the epic, when she loses 4g.. it starts to search automatically nd connects again pretty fast. Is there a way that I can get my evo to act in the same way cuz its really annoying. Thanks

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Mine does the same thing when I'm in areas with minimal 4g coverage. It should connect back to 4G once the data connection becomes available.

This won't happen if you're in an area that have strong 4g coverage. Most time updating data profile might help. 1) From your home-screen tap menu. 2) Then tap settings and systems update. 3) Tap update data profile.

(BTW) Welcome to the forum.

SSjon

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I don't remember where I found this but it should help

1. Get your MSL, There are many ways, call Sprint, Download the app MSL Reader from the market, CDMA workshop

Faster 4G reconnect fix

1) Click on phone and dial ##DATA# (##3282#)
2) Click on "Edit Mode"
3) Type in your MSL code (see above if you don't have it yet)
4) Click on the menu entry "WiMAX"
5) Scroll down the list and click on "WiMAX_Scan_Retry(s)"
6) Enter the number 15 and click "OK" (This equals 15 seconds instead of 300 seconds)
7) Scroll down the list and click on "WiMAX_Entry_Delay(s)"
8) Enter the number 0 and click "OK" (This equals 0 seconds instead of 300 seconds)
9) Press the "Menu" key and click on "Commit Modifications"
10) Grab a cup of coffee, get a bite to eat, or sit back and wait for your EVO to restart

Testing:
1) Go to your phone's settings and click on "Wireless & networks"
2) Scroll down and click on 4G settings
3) Click on 4G to turn it on and wait for the status to change to "Connected to Sprint"
4) Without touching any of the menu items, cover the top half of your phone with your hands until the status changes to "Scanning..."
5) Uncover the top of the phone and count the seconds until it says "Connecting to Sprint"
6) Realize that you no longer have to cycle the 4G radio to reconnect

sthfatal

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Thanks alot ssjon .. ima try it nd hope it works... ur explanation makes the most sense.. it seems by default its set to check about ever 4-5 mins which is way to long

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
FYI, this was done intentionally to help save battery life.
Lots of people complained that they would leave 4G on, then go out of coverage (inside a building) and it would continue to scan. I dont recall what OTA this was included in but HTC / Sprint decided to make it stop scanning after a few attempts to help increase battery life.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
FYI, this was done intentionally to help save battery life.
Lots of people complained that they would leave 4G on, then go out of coverage (inside a building) and it would continue to scan. I dont recall what OTA this was included in but HTC / Sprint decided to make it stop scanning after a few attempts to help increase battery life.
^^ NOW THIS SPELL SENSE.

Changing any settings on your device that has to do with your "Data connection" is never a good idea. These settings were factory tested and set to these default settings.​

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
^^ NOW THIS SPELL SENSE.

Changing any settings on your device that has to do with your "Data connection" is never a good idea. These settings were factory tested and set to these default settings.​

Not always, sprint makes the software to be friendly and helpful to the majority of people that buy the product. But, you might not be in the majority and in that case i dont see why changing it could be bad :p

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
^^ NOW THIS SPELL SENSE.

I think you missed the part where i said SPRINT / HTC made the change. Not me or someone i know. So technically the new changes are factory tested and its the new default settings.
They did it to help conserve battery life.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87