4G is on now in Bloomington, IL

Cubfan

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
Don't know if it's a test or what, but I'm getting 4G in Bloomington, IL right now. Fast as all get out. Youtube is like butter.

Hope it's permanent, as I'm finally getting my extra $10 worth. :)

tndank

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
No one outside of Clear or Sprint brass knows 4G plans.

Best bet is look on clear.com now and again and see. It's the only way we've known about the 2 or 3 towers around turning on during the last couple months.

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Don't know if it's a test or what, but I'm getting 4G in Bloomington, IL right now. Fast as all get out. Youtube is like butter.

Hope it's permanent, as I'm finally getting my extra $10 worth. :)

I've heard rumors of this...where exactly in Bloomington are you able to get this? I can't get it on the South East side (guess where that is ;-)) nor can I pick it up on the border of Bloomington/Normal on the East side....

Cubfan

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
I've heard rumors of this...where exactly in Bloomington are you able to get this? I can't get it on the South East side (guess where that is ;-)) nor can I pick it up on the border of Bloomington/Normal on the East side....

Working at that big campus where half the town works. :)

Cubfan

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
Looks like it is strongest by the Country Club, so the broadcasting tower must be somewhere around there. Didn't get it at all around 9pm, so I'm thinking it may be just a test.

milominderbinde

May 25, 2010
Visit site
The vendor maps are terrible to see where the 4G coverage is. Often there is coverage in a market for months before it is announced.

Check out the Sensorly app to see your block-by-block coverage. Sensorly maps coverage as users drive. The Sensorly.com online maps has limited zoom levels but you will get the idea. The app is way better.

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
I saw the test results between Sprint WiMax and Verizon LTE. What a HUGE difference! LTE absolutely blows Sprint away.
I think that in everyday use by 99% of users that the difference wouldn't be noticeable, though. Maybe for gamers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress