Force Close - don't know what it is closing

momof2inmn

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
My phone rebooted itself the other day and ever since then I keep getting force close messages that say: "The application google services framework (process com.google.process.gapps) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." and one other message along those lines that doesn't mention the framework part. What is it that's closing and any ideas why?

I have not done the Gingerbread update yet if that helps.

Thanks!

maxima2k53

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
My phone rebooted itself the other day and ever since then I keep getting force close messages that say: "The application google services framework (process com.google.process.gapps) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." and one other message along those lines that doesn't mention the framework part. What is it that's closing and any ideas why?

Thanks!

Not sure whats going on, that doesnt happen with my evo. But i do have a friend that has an android metro pcs phone that used to do that, it was slow as hell for everything and freeze a lot and every 10 seconds or so it would say that whole force closing thing. He told me he went to metro pcs and exchanged it for a new one. Maybe if you go to sprint and ask them whats going on, they'll first probably try and reset it (and also update you to gingerbread) that might fix it, if not then its just your phone and you'll need a replacement.

trinamorgan88

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site

Thanks!

My EVO was doing this after the Gingerbread upgrade. I went ahead and did a factory reset and haven't seen it since. But I did notice that I loss information I saved to my calendar during that time.