Ev0 4g Brick? please help

bjyounggotti

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Ok So I bought an Evo from Craigslist In great condition... After charging the phone completely and messing around with it for a while and installing skype/using my Icons disappeared everything disappeared except for the indicator bar at the top (battery, Wifi, Etc, )after i few battery pulls and no souloutionI l reasearched and was told to do a Hard Reset and using the "Clear Storage" method my Evo now freezes at startup on the white " HTC EVO 4G" screen ....I have no warranty on this phone so I cant return it ...and I have Android 2.3 I can still go into the bootloader menu but phone still sticks on the white screen

This is what the Bootloader Reads

Supersonic EVT3 Ship S-ON
Hboot-2.10.0001
Microp-041f
TOuchpanel-ATMEL224_16ab
Radio-2.15.00.11.19
Oct 15 2010,12:07:00

Last edited:

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Is this phone active on a account? All you should have to do is take it to Sprint, tell them that you took the ota, did a hard reset and it is now stuck on the HTC splash screen. I'm sure insurance or warranty reguardless they can fix it due to it being a "said" ota problem.

Be honest, did you try some way to root the phone not for 2.3?

Have you done another hardset?

I'm sure you can get the newest update RUU on the internet. Download that, rename it PC36IMG.zip place on root of SD card, boot into Hboot allow it to unzip then install.

DumpedDuce Approves This Message

bjyounggotti

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
no I didnt even know what rooting was until after it froze ..and im sure its not on an active account anymore seeing as the guy switched to ATT to get the iphone 4