Unable to flash RUU to stock, please help

freshminh

Jul 9, 2016
Visit site
Hello!

So I just got a refurbished AT&T HTC M8 to replace my stolen one, and decided to try and root my phone for the first time. Unfortunately, I fell into the common mistake of using the outdated Hasoon2000 All-in-one toolkit and now have a soft bricked phone. Once I make it past the HTC One logo screen, the phone constantly states the message: "unfortunately AT&T ready2go/system UI has stopped" and I am forced to power off my phone. I have tried running the RUU but with no avail. When I run my phone in fastboot and use the most recent .exe from the HTC website, it goes through the first loading screen and then nothing happens. I have downloaded the drivers and ran the .exe as an admin, but still have not gotten past the first loading screen. Am I missing something? Do I need S-OFF or to do something else? I have research in the forums, but have still not found an answer. I would greatly appreciate some guidance/clarity as I am still new to all this and want to learn. Thanks!

Here is what my Hboot says:
*** Software Status: Modified ***
*** RELOCKED ***
M8_UL_CA PVT SSHIP S-ON
HBOOT-3.19.0.0000
RADIO-4.0.U605611@50319A
OpenDSP-v47.2.2-00564-M8974_F0.1024
OS-
eMMC-boot 2048MB
AUG 4 2015, 23:21:05.0

---
(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 3.19.0.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 4.0.U605611@50319A
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main:
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
(bootloader) serialno: xxxxxxxxxxxx
(bootloader) imei: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(bootloader) imei2: Not Support
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m8_ul_ca
(bootloader) platform: hTCBmsm8974
(bootloader) modelid: 0P6B12000
(bootloader) cidnum: CWS__001
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 0mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: 7f8e91a3
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0

freshminh

Jul 9, 2016
Visit site
Hi! Thanks for your reply. So I have already downloaded the latest AT&T M8 RUU from the HTC website but I do not get anything after the first loading screen (set-up/install wizard) after I load the .exe file. I have done this multiple times and re-downloaded the RUU twice. I am running the .exe as admin and in Fastboot USB on relocked Hboot. Also double checked that I have the correct RUU for my phone's model (M8_UL_CA for AT&T [US]). Any other input on what else I can do to get the RUU to work? I've also tried using different USB wires/ports and on a friend's computer. Not sure what the issue is...

Last edited:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi! Thanks for your reply. So I have already downloaded the latest AT&T M8 RUU from the HTC website but I do not get anything after the first loading screen (set-up/install wizard) after I load the .exe file. I have done this multiple times and re-downloaded the RUU twice. I am running the .exe as admin and in Fastboot USB on relocked Hboot. Also double checked that I have the correct RUU for my phone's model (M8_UL_CA for AT&T [US]). Any other input on what else I can do to get the RUU to work? I've also tried using different USB wires/ports and on a friend's computer. Not sure what the issue is...

Sorry about the delay. Long day at work yesterday.

I think the only thing I can suggest is redownloading the file, and trying again. I only have done an RUU once and everything launched flawlessly.

freshminh

Jul 9, 2016
Visit site
Just tried it twice more with two re-downloaded files and no success :( I'm not sure what to do anymore. I've been searching for a solution or another thread with a similar situation, but haven't found anything. Are there any pre-requisites on my phone to run the RUU such as having S-OFF? Or should I be able to run it regardless?

Is there anywhere else I can look for help?

Thank you for your help by the way; I appreciate it!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Just tried it twice more with two re-downloaded files and no success :( I'm not sure what to do anymore. I've been searching for a solution or another thread with a similar situation, but haven't found anything. Are there any pre-requisites on my phone to run the RUU such as having S-OFF? Or should I be able to run it regardless?

Is there anywhere else I can look for help?

Thank you for your help by the way; I appreciate it!
I don't think S-Off is required. If you search on YouTube for reflashing with adb commands, maybe that might work a little better?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrjhe29