I'm rolling my phone from 4.0.3 to 4.0.2 and I need help

lolinternet

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
After looking into a bit more, I'm not sure it'll be possible without using a zip that I've never tested before. It's designed for emmc based HTC devices just like ours, but like I said I haven't tested it and I don't know anyone else that has. The zip sets the Main Version of your current rom to a lower level which will allow you to flash older RUUs or roms.

Since I do have a back up and all the necessary files I think I'll test it out first before passing it on to you.

I do have some questions before I attempt this.

Do you have the Android SDK installed on your computer as well as the Evo Design drivers? It contains tools that will be necessary for you to perform the same steps if the setmainverlow.zip works. You'll need to be able to use adb and fastboot which are part of the SDK. Either way it would probably be best for us to connect on Gtalk for Windows so that I can walk you through the steps in real time.

Just reply back and we'll figure out a time to do all this. I'll test the zip tonight and post the results. I'm 90% sure it'll work, but as I've said I've never tested if before. Anyway, I'll give it a shot and we'll go from there.

*Sent from work early bcuz some1 4got teh NSFW tag*

santanalz

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Just got SDK. That took some time because the install .ini can't find the 64 bit version wooo...I can download google talk in a bit. Santanalz will be my tag.

Last edited:

lolinternet

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Gotcha. Chargin mah lazer now. Gonna hit it up in about two hours after it's fully charged and my boy is in bed.

lolinternet

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Well, setmainverlow.zip flashed perfectly in recovery, but it still didn't allow me to get back to stock GB since I have a newer hboot.

I asked a guy that knows more than myself about it, and he said he was able to do it, but his phone is the Hero S on US Cellular. The Hero S is the same device as the Design, but it's branded for a different carrier and never received official ICS, so the process is probably different for us Design owners. In any case, I'll be in contact with him and we'll see if we can get it sorted for you.

In the meantime, I'll probably try to write up a more comprehensive guide for rooting the Design tomorrow because I see plenty of people asking about it and it'll be necessary for you anyway.

Hopefully, tomorrow will be a little more productive.

lolinternet

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
http://forum.sdx-developers.com/index.php?topic=20208.msg263495.msg#263495

It looks to be possible after all. I'll try to verify these steps tonight or tomorrow, then post back with results. If I'm successful I'll post more user friendly steps based on those posted above.

Verified. Successfully returned to stock GB using the steps posted at SDX. It isn't for the faint of heart, but I'll do my best to write up a guide to make it as comprehensive as possible and upload the files necessary.

Last edited:

lolinternet

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
I haven't forgotten about ya. I've written up most of the guide and gathered links to all necessary files, so we'll have you rooted and back on GB before the week is up. There's still a little left for me write out, but I'm going to try and pull pics of the process so it'll help explain things a little easier. In any case, I'll have it posted soon.

lolinternet

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Look harder. I posted it last night. Took a little longer than I'd hoped, but it should be complete enough that you shouldn't have any problems rooting your phone.