Rooting Help!!!

GondyG

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi I'm new here and I need help on rooting my HTC EVO 4G Boost Mobile edition phone. I've gotten pretty far and understood how the process goes however, when I got to the part where the guide tells me to download the PH44IMG.zip file and put it into the root of my SD card I keep getting an error saying "The disk is write-protected" and underneath it says "Remove the write-protection or use another disk". I am confused on what to do next, do i have the wrong .zip file or was there something I missed? Can anybody help me on what to do? I really could use the help!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi I'm new here and I need help on rooting my HTC EVO 4G Boost Mobile edition phone. I've gotten pretty far and understood how the process goes however, when I got to the part where the guide tells me to download the PH44IMG.zip file and put it into the root of my SD card I keep getting an error saying "The disk is write-protected" and underneath it says "Remove the write-protection or use another disk". I am confused on what to do next, do i have the wrong .zip file or was there something I missed? Can anybody help me on what to do? I really could use the help!

Welcome to the forums!
Put the SD card in your PC and do a right click on it. That should bring up a menu and write protection should be in Security, I think.