Phone has given me a migraine!

Jamie1284

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
I have an HTC Evo Design. Yesterday, it just randomly shut off. The only way I could turn it back on was to do a battery pull. I had to do this a couple of times yesterday but otherwise it worked fine. Woke up this morning (late) and wondered why my alarm didn't go off. The phone shut off sometime in the middle of the night. I pulled the battery and was able to restart it long enough to save pictures. It now freezes and then shuts itself off. I can pull the battery and turn it back on for about 15 seconds and it does it all over again. UGH. I have restored it to factory settings (down button and power) and cleared user data and wiped cache partition. Rebooted.....same story. Any ideas? Is it junk? :'(

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Did you do a full factory reset after saving pics or just clear cache?

My Evo lte Filling the shoes of my HTC One

Jamie1284

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
This is what a Sprint rep had me do after I saved my pictures.....

Nora D. : With the handset turned off, press and hold the Volume Down key.

Nora D. : With the Volume Down key held down, press and hold the Power key.

Nora D. : Release all keys when the HBOOT menu appears.

Press the Volume Down key to scroll to RECOVERY.

Nora D. : With RECOVERY highlighted, press the Power key.

Nora D. : When the triangle appears on the screen, press and hold the Volume Up key.

Nora D. : With the Volume Up key held down, press the Power key.

Nora D. : Release all keys when the Android system recovery menu appears.

Press the Volume Down key to scroll to Wipe data/factory reset.

Nora D. : With Wipe data/factory reset highlighted, press the Power key.

Nora D. : Press the Volume Down key to scroll to Yes -- delete all user data.

Nora D. : With Yes -- delete all user data highlighted, press the Power key.

Nora D. : Once the wipe is complete, press the Volume Down key to scroll to Wipe cache partition.

Nora D. : With Wipe cache partition highlighted, press the Power key.

Nora D. : Once the wipe is complete, press the Power key to select Reboot system now.

The master reset is now complete. The handset will restart.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Yep that's a reset alright. And this was of no help...

The design is an older phone, how long have you had it? Might need a battery replacement.

uploadfromtaptalk1390971241810.jpg

Jamie1284

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
I have had the phone for 13 months. It was sent to me by Sprint after my Nexus S died. A new battery I can handle doing. Sprint has been of no help. Just the opposite. I wanted to reach thru the phone and choke the girl. haha

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
My in store experience at Sprint has been pretty much the same. You going with a problem they try a factory reset and then there lost.

If you have a Sprint store close you could stop by and see if they have batteries for your phone. They'll let you pop in a new one to test it out....

On a more costly note it may be time for an upgrade. You'll be amazed at the leaps in phone tech since the design came out if you choose that route

Jamie1284

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
I was afraid you were gonna say that word "upgrade" me and electronics are not friends. haha I am an illiterate. Having to learn a new phone is so overwhelming. Ugh! ;)

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Well it's not as scary as it use to be. You're already familiar with android seeing as you have the design. You could have a very similar set up but on a phone that's faster, clearer and a bit more user friendly.

Not to mention the support of the AC ;)

Jamie1284

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
Very true. You're very wise. ;) I guess if there is a bright side to this, I will get peace and quiet until I figure out whats wrong with this one or get a replacement. I may just go old school and ditch the cell. hmmm :p

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Peace and quiet? What is that lol...

Check back in and let us know what you figure out.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
No problem. Others will most likely have some other ideas to once their online.