Evo shift 4G mini restarting

bcbbanga4l

Q&A Team
Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
So this is happening to my evo 4g shift and after almost every app it keeps mini restarting idk how to fix went to the mall where they had one tech in there and he said i had to keep shutting down apps makes no sense there are not that many apps running. Came home and it started again. Going to call tech tomorrow and if I have to go to another store this is ridiculous This all began for me after the 2.3 update.

crump84

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
This has been talked about in several different threads, It's a problem with the Gingerbread update having too aggressive memory settings. The only real fix is a update from htc/sprint. Cutting down on the amount of widgets you use should help some. from what I have read disabling fastboot can also help.

Sent from my Gingerbread Speedy 4G using Tapatalk

bcbbanga4l

Q&A Team
Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Thank you Crump I have cut down some widgets hopefully they send a fix soon might contact sprint tomorow try to get a replacement.

Definitely started after the update to gingerbread Havnt seen alot of posts though.

Thanks guys for your help

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
This happened to me immediately after the GB download, too. However, after reading the tips offered here, I disabled Fast Boot, did a battery pull, and it only happens now when I do an uninstall for certain apps. Rather than a complete restart, it seems like it's only a Sense restart and only takes a few seconds. I can live with that, but it is annoying. There definitely needs to be a fix...and soon. HTC, Sprint...is anybody listening????

crump84

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Apparently this has been happening with both EVO and Shift owners.. if i wasn't rooted and was having the same problem, i would be flooding Sprint with calls.

Maybe when they push the update to unlock bootloaders (supposedly September) it will include a fix.

Sent from my Gingerbread Speedy 4G using Tapatalk

Reactions: bcbbanga4l

bcbbanga4l

Q&A Team
Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
About 36hrs after the gb update my Shift got stuck in an endless loop of restarts. I took it to a corporate store and they replaced it w/o question.
I cant find a corporate store here i went to the mall where they have repairs and he stopped some processes and he said it was fixed. As soon as i got home it kept happening I guess I am ging to have to call

TonyLibations

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Definitely call. They might refer you to a designated repair shop, but atleast you'll make more progress than at a mall kiosk. Tell them how you're thinking about getting a Thunderbolt or something from Verizon. ;-)

bcbbanga4l

Q&A Team
Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys just want to give you guys and update..

So called customer service.We did all basic troubleshooting and then last resort she wanted to wipe the device. When I told her I have already wiped it but will gladly try that option again she said she will send out a replacement.

Two days later I received the replacement and it would not turn on. So i called back and after arguing just a little with the rep over the phone she tells me to bring it in to the store and they can fix it. Brought it to the store they told me it was a defective device I would have to return it. Recalled sprint after a few transfers got connected to an associate that sent a replacement phone that phone arrived seems to be working fine.

All of that for a replacement horrible customer service over the phone but when I got to the sprint store near me they are great. There is problem with phones doing that mini restarting after the GB update so if its a problem for you and you cant wait for the update call.

Went and bought the photon 4G today going to do an unboxing soon. Spoke to the rep a little and got word that there might be a torch coming to sprint in the next couple of months and that sprint has a huge announcement coming soon in sept. ( Hint Hint could possibly be the IPHONE 5) ... well thats all I got for now thanks guys for all your help hope you guys enjoyed my story.

Reactions: Ntchwaidumela

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress