blackberry withdraw

HKM

Banned
Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Soon as you crack it open. Give it time you will be assimilated, resistance is futile. You are only here to serve the green R2D2.

Sent from my HTC Glacier via WiFi

Reactions: cordoni

ep1

May 5, 2010
Visit site
i guess nothing really:( it just feels funny after so long with the BB.
i have three apps that are only for the BB.

stpbud

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I was having a bit of BB withdrawal today too. I've been trying to match up a lot of the setting I had before with the new phone. Still haven't figured out to give different notification sounds to different things. (Like a different sound for mentions and DM's on Plume) or a unique sound for kik (which acts as my BBM replacement).

I also miss the BB's battery. But even with all that, I'm loving this awesome screen, the awesome keyboard, and the apps selection is outstanding.

I may miss my BB, but not enough to crawl back to her. I'm sleeping with Android now :)

Dave Blake

May 7, 2010
Visit site
What you need is some quality time alone with your Shift. I suggest you get the GPS going take a drive play some music and just spend some personal time with your EVO Shift. Soon you wont even remember what that BB was good for...lol

Reactions: YoungCorruption

lancer1991#AC

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
We switched from Blackberries on Nextel. While we are enjoying the increased network speed, I have yet to find a profiles app that works and something to change to phone only when charging at night. Gmail notifier app is not playing well with the profile apps. Also need to figure out an easy way to select multiple email in one stroke and mark read. Many times I've read mail in office.

I think once we find solutions to the above and get signal strength in our office all will be good. It is a hard switch from BB as you get spoiled with some of the built in features.

Dave Blake

May 7, 2010
Visit site
We switched from Blackberries on Nextel. While we are enjoying the increased network speed, I have yet to find a profiles app that works and something to change to phone only when charging at night. Gmail notifier app is not playing well with the profile apps. Also need to figure out an easy way to select multiple email in one stroke and mark read. Many times I've read mail in office.

I think once we find solutions to the above and get signal strength in our office all will be good. It is a hard switch from BB as you get spoiled with some of the built in features.

I have some suggestions for you:

1) K-9 for mail
2) Phone Weaver for profiles (My most used app for sure)

ep1

May 5, 2010
Visit site
K-9 i heard of that before dose that take the place of Google ?
and will have your contacts in there or just mail. didn't hear about phone weaver

jscher2000

May 16, 2010
www.androidwtf.com
K-9 i heard of that before dose that take the place of Google ?
and will have your contacts in there or just mail.

K-9 is email only. You could use it instead of the standard Mail app. However, your main Gmail account will still appear in the Gmail app (or I suppose you could retrieve that mail into two apps...).

If you are looking for a mail app to use with an Exchange ActiveSync account, K-9 might not be the best choice because it synchronizes with Exchange servers using WebDAV, which does not work as seamlessly as EAS.

karnoff

Jan 19, 2010
Visit site
I was having a bit of BB withdrawal today too. I've been trying to match up a lot of the setting I had before with the new phone. Still haven't figured out to give different notification sounds to different things. (Like a different sound for mentions and DM's on Plume) or a unique sound for kik (which acts as my BBM replacement).

I also miss the BB's battery. But even with all that, I'm loving this awesome screen, the awesome keyboard, and the apps selection is outstanding.

I may miss my BB, but not enough to crawl back to her. I'm sleeping with Android now :)

if you want some of the sounds back your old BB had...download this zip. http://forum.androidcentral.com/wallpapers-ringtones-themes/27934-blackberry-ringtones.html

create a folder on your SD card in the Media folder 'ringtones' and 'notifications' if there is no media folder, create one. Then place the sounds you like or had from your BB into those folders.

Robbzilla

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site

Try Locale. It's the best $10 I've spent on an app. Not cheap, but very configurable, with plenty of add-ons that make it even MORE configurable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa