Unlocked Evo Shift 4G

cthunder

May 2, 2011
Visit site
Hello, I appologize if this question has already been asked (if it has, I was unable to find it on the forums) but I was looking at getting a new phone and decided that I would like to get the HTC Evo Shift. I want to have an unlocked version but there don't seem to be many for sale out there that are unlocked. Therefore, I was thinking about buying a locked one (probably locked to sprint) and then attempting to unlock it myself. I would be willing to use one of those websites where you pay for it or if someone has a free method that would work too. My question is being that I am with Verizon and once I find a unlocked Evo Shift 4g. Would I be able to use it on the Verizon network?
Thanks in advance.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
NOPE.
Unlocking only refers to GSM devices and removing the carrier subsidy lock thats been enabled by the manufacturer.
In order for a CDMA device to be used on another CDMA carrier, you will need to re-flash the device with the appropriate info. Then the carrier has to add the ESN to their system and allow you to have access to it. I am not aware of Verizon or Sprint allowing other ESNs on their networks.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
^^^ that... usually if your gonna unlock a phone the phones needs to have a sim card and sprint doesn't use sim cards anymore

Actually Sprint does use Sim Cards, in their world phone devices.
In the US they use the CDMA chipset in them, but if someone wants to travel outside the US then they can use the same phone in GSM mode when they notify Sprint to enable International callling.

But that goes back to CDMA and GSM. GSM devices use SIM cards and CDMA use ESN for network registration purposes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699