Is there a way to dim the home/menu etc. buttons on the bottom?

cmags

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I use my phone a lot at night, and when I do, have the screen on the dimmest setting (sometimes I even use a screen filter app to dim it further - or I did on my Optimus). However I've noticed that even with the screen dim, or set to Auto, the home, menu, back, and search buttons are still at full brightness (as is the keyboard if open) and are blinding in the dark. Is there any way to get these to dim or turn off? Maybe an app that's in there, or a setting in a file somewhere I could edit to make them permanently at like 25%?

crump84

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I don't think there is a setting to adjust the lights, at least that I'm aware of. I could be wrong though, my lights haven't worked in about two weeks so I can't really mess with it.

Unrooting and heading to sprint soon, unfortunately.

Sent from my Gingerbread Speedy 4G using Tapatalk

crump84

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, this will come in handy once I get my lights fixed. You would think their would be setting to be able to toggle brightness though.

khstars82

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
is there one for the motorola razr m. i have horrible light sensitivity due to an eye condition. and even with the screen all the way down i still need to use a screen filter. how ever the dumb thing doesnt dim the menu buttons even though motorola has them set on the display screen. any adive any one please :)