Honeycomb 3.2 for the Flyer is here!

kculp

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I have a bricked Flyer, used the support line to arrange having it shipped back. Hangs on the boot screen after the HC notification came OTA ... Was never rooted, completely the responsibility of HTC. Just sooooo we keep things in perspective, this was not a positive outcome at all. Don't know why there is variability in the success rate of the install. As you can see below, my only Android in the phone now.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

anesthetish

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Updated this morning, no issues, went smoothly. However, the new GUI is DISGUSTING and does not make jumping to favorites easy. If I wanted a cheap looking Acer tablet from walmart, I would have done that.

Can anyone tell me:
1) how to uninstall this update
2) if HTC is going to release a mod to re-skin this trash?

anon(123856)

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
While my update went ok and was successful, the first time I re-booted my Flyer I got all kinds of error messages and had widgets crashing, no wallpaper, etc. I did a hard re-set and that seems to have cleared all my issues. Just putting this out there in the hope it may help someone.

kculp

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I don't get that far, can get to the bootloader and select reset to factory default. Nothing happens after the green recycle arrows, crashes. Very disappointed.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

yapkuen

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
While my update went ok and was successful, the first time I re-booted my Flyer I got all kinds of error messages and had widgets crashing, no wallpaper, etc. I did a hard re-set and that seems to have cleared all my issues. Just putting this out there in the hope it may help someone.

When I rebooted, I had a wallpaper and that's it - no soft buttons, no widgets, no error messages, no other semblance of any sort of UI other than the default HC wallpaper. Was able to get into bootloader and factory reset, but that didn't change anything.

anon(123856)

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
When the update finished on my Flyer I had all my widgets and the wallpaper was correct and Launcher Pro was working. Then I rebooted it and it all went to hell, widgets puking, wallpaper was gone and I couldn't add anything as the UI was fairly unresponsive. So I just said the hell with it and did the reset. It's working fine now although it doesn't seem as quick as it did before the update and the jury is still out on the UI.

yapkuen

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Whelp, mine is going back to HTC too. Hopefully they can figure out what the update did that sent things hurtling into the void.

sjd2246

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
I really liked the flyer before the 3.2 update. But 3.2 brought the latest market so I appreciated that.

When I first got the honeycomb update it seemed like the tablet lagged and didn't perform as well as before the update. But the past week or so the performance has been better. Has anyone else noticed this?

Thanks.

seldondg

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Not liking the Honeycomb update. I've seen forums about downgrading but I'm not sure which rom I'm supposed to use.
Is there an easier way to get back to GB factory specs?
I think the "Factory spec" option in honeycomb is for erasing data, not changing the Android version.

Artisanthe

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
An interesting find yesterday....Sunday March 11th. I was browsing through the Tablets at BB.....and there were HTC Flyers available for 299.00....with GB (original)...and they were back in stock. I checked the BB website.....page is still gone.

I'm guessing they are probably just working through some back-stocks they uncovered in a warehouse somewhere. But....if you're still looking for a Flyer with GB....you might check your local BB.

Personally, I am pleased with HC and the better Pen Functionality. I was a bit sad to see no signs of the Quattro Tab from HTC at MWC. No doubt they are re-thinking their strategy....and watching the Samsung "Note" series closely....D

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Yep, we've got a couple of the Flyer's here at my local BB. I'm half tempted to buy one as a backup. I'm almost a full-tilt tablet guy now and rarely use my laptop unless I need a full keyboard.

kach474

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Not liking the Honeycomb update. I've seen forums about downgrading but I'm not sure which rom I'm supposed to use.
Is there an easier way to get back to GB factory specs?
I think the "Factory spec" option in honeycomb is for erasing data, not changing the Android version.

I second this. ???

Sent from my HTC_Flyer_P512_NA using Android Central Forums