App Scribe/Pen functionality in HC.

sunriseshell

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
So now that HC is officially released I am wondering what apps take advantage of the scribe technology.

We know the pen now works throughout the OS and therefore works as a finger would, (but of course more accurately) so no news there.

What I'm after are apps that specifically support the pressure sensitivity and/or the buttons of the hardware.

I will post them at the top post here as I learn of them.

Apps that support Scribe hardware:

• Quill. The fountain pen brush supports pressure sensitivity.
  • SketchBook Pro. The pencil brush (maybe others?) supports pressure sensitivity when this function is enabled in Prefs.

Last edited:
Reactions: reed4richards

sunriseshell

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I have used SketchBookX which is awesome with the pen, MUCH better than with just a capacitive stylus. However I have not found a brush or setting that takes advantage of the pressure sensitivity of the Scribe pen.
Maybe there is a setting that does take advantage of pressure sensitivity, or maybe the full version?

Maybe one or more of the Adobe Touch products will be released for the Flyer/View AND have advanced pen functionality? (I can dream, can't I)

sunriseshell

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Confirmed, SketchBook Pro does support the pen's pressure sensitivity.

Click on the little circle to get to the GUI menu--> click on the "i"--> Prefs--> check "Enable Pen Pressure"

So far I have noticed that the pencil brush supports this function. I will test further to see if there are more brushes and if the buttons do anything.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch