lost volume control

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Works fine here. A couple Q's -
Does ringer/media/notification volume work OK?
Does the volume work OK with in call speakerphone?
Have you recently installed any Media apps?
Did you try rebooting?

AndroidFTW

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
- ringer works - notifications work - and yes, i can alter the volume via the rocker switch when music is playing

- speaker phone changes volume during ph call (just tested it against my voicemail)

- yes, i've installed media apps - i've installed pandora and slacker (and uninstalled pandora)

- yes, rebooted a couple times today

AndroidFTW

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
know what? i think i have it figured out

the MINIMUM volume on this handset is actually quite high (to my ear)

i'm always clicking "down" to make it go quieter but it doesn't go quieter, so to ME it seems like the rocker doesn't work

when i click up, the volume does indeed increase!

but i've also just turned my bluetooth off

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
- ringer works - notifications work - and yes, i can alter the volume via the rocker switch when music is playing

Hardware rocker switch is working then

- speaker phone changes volume during ph call (just tested it against my voicemail)

Phone still knows when it is on a call

- yes, i've installed media apps - i've installed pandora and slacker (and uninstalled pandora)

Either of those SHOULDN'T change any low level hardware interface, so I'd rule them out

- yes, rebooted a couple times today

So the OS isn't just "confused"

Hate to break it to ya, but looks like you're going to have to wander into a Sprint store and twiddle your thumbs while the Sprint tech tries a bunch of things that aren't going to help :p Then tell them to get you a new phone out of the back, as yours isn't operating correctly.

IF and a big IF the Sprint tech gets it to work by wiping and resetting, sit in the parking lot and try to " break" it again before you leave. 30 days my friend...30 days :D

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
know what? i think i have it figured out

the MINIMUM volume on this handset is actually quite high (to my ear)

i'm always clicking "down" to make it go quieter but it doesn't go quieter, so to ME it seems like the rocker doesn't work

when i click up, the volume does indeed increase!

but i've also just turned my bluetooth off

LOL! An even better solution. Nice work