sprints official 2.1 update

op3rator

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
May 7, 2010
Official Sprint Statement: Android 2.1
Hello Community Members,

We wanted to let you know that Sprint continues to work closely with Samsung and HTC to deliver the highly anticipated Android 2.1 upgrade for Samsung Moment and HTC Hero. We are on track for the upgrade to be available in Q2. Sprint had hoped to have this resolved by now - we thank our customers for their patience as we work to bring them a positive experience with this upgrade.
looks like im rooting this afternoon since ive been waiting for months.

Android:Official Sprint Statement: Android 2.1

Droid-One

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
just root and keep it moving. by the time they get this out, 2.2 will be out. I am not suprised one bit and really think this is being intentionally done. The evo is what they want you to buy. They are just buying time and once the evo comes out, the hero will get it's update.

To all the soon to be evo customers, if this doesn't show you something, I don't know what will. Do you really want to go through this when you have the Evo. I certainly don't

barleysoda

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
Lol...all over the net I keep seeing peeps upset about this update. Making grandiose statements about boycotting the EVO and how horrible these phone companies are.
I have an android phone so that I can have any updates I want almost as fast as I even hear about them. All you that don't already have 2.1 and want it have only yourselves to blame.
A few years ago no one even knew what a phone update was. Why now are we so entitled to them? Isn't the phone still as good as it was the day you bought it? When I bought mine I assumed everything I payed for was in the box and it was. I never expected the phone to get better as time went on and surely not on sprints dime. My truck doesn't get upgrades unless I buy them. It isn't as if Dodge owes me the latest and greatest engine.
Those of us that really appreciate android have already rooted our phones. It's a techie phone and rooting is a techie thing to do. Not doing so is like owning a race car and then not buying gas. If you don't want to root then either love your phone as it was the day you bought it or go get an iPhone.
I can't wait until I can get an EVO for the simple reason it will be the best phone there is when it comes out and because its android the great members of this site and others will make it do tricks that will blow my mind. The phone comes with 2.1 and when I walk out of the store with it the deal is done and nothing is owed but my service plan.

Droid-One

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
when 2.2 comes out and 2.1 is left in the dark regarding your favorite apps not working with 2.1, then we will see if you feel the same way. When your youtube stops working after you lay down that $300.00 and upgrade your plan we will see how you feel. This is not to start a fight but htc and sprint dropped the ball big time. If they were going to take this long, they should have never mentioned the upcoming update. I am on 2.1 because I decided to root but that risks my warranty. The phone was released with the oldest version of android with promises for bigger and better coming. The phone is 7 months old and ................we wait. even the first android phone the G1 is on 1.6. RIDICULOUS.

I can almost bet this exact thing will happen with the Evo. If these were dummy phones that just make calls, I would agree with not expecting anything. Unfortunetly these phones don't cost the money dummy phones cost and are expensive.

JayCudi

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I guess it is ridiculous to expect a phone to work as good as it should (phone lags, youtube app not working, pic mail CONSTANTLY failing) when you spend hundreds of damn dollars on the POS

It's bad business to promise an update to your customers 7 months ago and you still haven't fulfilled it.

thebabilonias

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
this is my problem though, if I root this phone and then end trading it for another phone wont it effect the other person trying to activate the phone?

WeGlobal

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I feel like a genius for rooting my Hero instead of waiting for the official update. You all do realize this is SPRINT we are talking about. They seem to lag behind in phone releases and updates........at least they'll have the first 4G phone out (IF it comes out on time).

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
this is my problem though, if I root this phone and then end trading it for another phone wont it effect the other person trying to activate the phone?

Nope, no way for Sprint employees themselves to know unless they look for it (boot in recovery, look for root only apps like WiFi tether, Sprint apps missing). Just load a sprint Rom before you sell it or go through the process of unrooting.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non