Possible security delay

MichaelCPA

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site
I got the Hero last week (replacing a Palm Centro), and so far this phone is outstanding. Love the SenseUI, the feel of the operating system and the quality of the phone. I've been doing a lot of customizing in the operating system and have the following questions. Currently my set up is this: I turn on the phone and swipe down to remove the home screen, then I enter my log in security using the patten program. Is there a way to bypass the swipe screen and go directly to the patten app? And more importantly, is there a way to program the phone to delay the need to re-enter the security patten for a certain number of minutes. (I could do this on the Centro). What I would like the result to be is that if I turn off the phone and decide, say 10 seconds later to turn it back on, can I delay the need to re-enter the pass code somehow (for a number of minutes that I choose)?

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
I wish there was. What I've done is add a widget to the home screen that turns the lock pattern on and off. I leave the pattern off when I'm at home or the office, and turn it on when I'm out. I'm working on a plug in for the popular app 'locale' so that the pattern can be toggled on and off based on time or location automagically, but it's slow going and the time I have to work on it is limited.

Semantics

Oct 31, 2009
Visit site
I got the Hero last week (replacing a Palm Centro), and so far this phone is outstanding. Love the SenseUI, the feel of the operating system and the quality of the phone. I've been doing a lot of customizing in the operating system and have the following questions. Currently my set up is this: I turn on the phone and swipe down to remove the home screen, then I enter my log in security using the patten program. Is there a way to bypass the swipe screen and go directly to the patten app? And more importantly, is there a way to program the phone to delay the need to re-enter the security patten for a certain number of minutes. (I could do this on the Centro). What I would like the result to be is that if I turn off the phone and decide, say 10 seconds later to turn it back on, can I delay the need to re-enter the pass code somehow (for a number of minutes that I choose)?

You can get directly to the security screen by double pressing the menu button, it bypasses the swipe screen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress