Contact Issues

Robb471

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
Im trying out the Hero, but am having a couple of problems with Contacts -

1. Contacts - On the "People" app, all shows like it should, people & businesses listed correctly. On the "Phone" app, all my business listings have a name of Unknown. All contacts were imported from Google. I can't figure out why its shows correct one place and not another!

2. Contact Card - It shows My Contact Card first in the people app. I have all my info listed under my name which was imported from Google. Can I select the card that already has my info as my contact card, or do I have to manually add it in?

Any ideas? Thanks!

lawilson2

Oct 3, 2009
Visit site
You need to put the business name in the name section in Google. It's a pain in the ____ but I had to do it for over 100 contacts.

Also for people who work at business and you want to search by that business name:

Example. John Smith (Fuller School)

That's what I put in the name section so I can pull up that school if I have multiple people in my list that work there or just don't remember John's name.

Robb471

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
Whats strange is that it shows CORRECTLY when viewing in the People App, its when viewing in the phone dialer that it shows incorrectly.

If it was an issue with the way the phone reads the contacts, it would be wrong in both places, don't ya think? But the phone reads them correctly in the people app.

A bug maybe?

How does it work for everyone else?

morganhero

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I have a new Sprint Hero. I have about 3000 business contacts. How do I search by business name ? For example Joe Smith at ABC Company. The contact has a name in the organization field. Coming out of a Palm 775P which searches by company.
HTC help says the Hero can't do it. I have friend with a Motorola Droid and it does it.

wkj

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Are you sure you are scrolling down far enough in the phone app? There will be a noticeable break between the call log and your contact listings. Lowering the dial pad helps also.

wkj

wkj

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
I have a new Sprint Hero. I have about 3000 business contacts. How do I search by business name ? For example Joe Smith at ABC Company. The contact has a name in the organization field. Coming out of a Palm 775P which searches by company.
HTC help says the Hero can't do it. I have friend with a Motorola Droid and it does it.

First off, start a new thread......hijacking is frowned upon on most forums. :)

Second, HTC is probably correct as they use their own contact app as opposed to the Droid which uses straight Android.

Third, set up your contacts name field as ABC Company (Joe Smith)

Maybe that will work

wkj