?Please Insert SD card? problem & my solution

Jamiecl04

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
Problem:
Hey guys/gals, I was having that problem with my phone where it would say ?please insert sd card? but the sd card was in the phone. I couldnt take pictures, download anything, listen to my music, view my pics or videos. It was so frustrating. When I looked at how much space I had left, it was showing ?Unavailable? under the ?Total and Available Space? My phone wasnt recognizing my sd card. I turned off my phone and took the battery, sim card, & sd card out and left them out for like 30min, like 10 times, and it was still showing the same thing each time ?please insert sd card? I called TMobile, did all the trouble shooting, factory reset and all. Didnt wrk, so they sent me a replacement phone. Still the same problem, so now I knew it was the card, not the phone. To be sure it was the card, asked a relative to see if my sd card wrked in their phone, and it didnt. Said his phone was saying ?sd card damaged? So I was bummed cause I thought I was going to have to get a new sd card, and lost all my pic/videos on old one.

Note: Relative told me sd cards can get damaged from unproperly disconnecting them from computers, and not unmounting the sd card from phone before taking the sd card out of phone, which I was doing, and to start disconnectiong phone from the computer by using the ?safely remove or eject? action before I take the phone off the SUB cable and unmounting card from phone before taking it out.

My Solution:
I took my sd card out of my phone and left it out for the whole day(didnt think I was gunna use it anymore). Still could use my phone and internet. I installed an anti virus app called ?Dr. Web Light? did the full system scan, no detects. Noticed the ?quarantined files? folder, tapped it, said ?sd card is missing. Quarantined threats cannot be viewed? So I put my sd card back in my phone to see if I can run a scan on it and see if any threats came up. Still couldnt view pics and stuff. Ran the scan again, and when it starting scanning the sd card it slowed down ALOT, I thought it was going say threats were detected, but no threats. Then I went to ?sd & phone storage? in the settings, and under the ?Total and Available Space?, it went from ?Unavailable? to ?2.53 GB? so that told me it was reading my sd card!! I went into my pics, I COULD VIEW MY PICS AGAIN, AND VIDEOS AND MUSIC!! YEYY!! :) I dont know if the scan forced my phone to recognize my sd card or what, all I know is that after I ran that scan, my phone was recognizing my sd card again. YIPPEE!! Thank you Dr. Web Light.
I hope this helps. Good Luck!!

Anna11xxx

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
How long did it take to run the quick scan?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo :):):):):):):):):):):):)

lomblade

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi up. There it work for me gys does any one know how to scan the sd card scaned the whole system. But no luck please help ta

ekm29

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi I have the same problem which started just suddenly after my battery was drained. After recharging the SD card kept failing. My phone is HTC desire from 2009 but this is the first time it happens. I tried the suggestion above but didn't work. Help please :(

Bryan Frei

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
I just got an HTC ONE SV, and I had been attempting, via~ the SD Card, purchased at the local, friendly Walgreen's to transfer Pix and Vids, etc. Now, both phones will not read the card, alleging it is damaged. This was also after I encrypted it into the new phone, and did not disturb it for over an hour as prescribed. Very frustrated!!! If there is anybody out there that has any quick, and helpful tips, I'd appreciate it. I also, then attempted to put the Micro-SD Card into an adapter and upload the data to our laptop, to no avail, mostly because it indicated the card must be formatted first, but I was told earlier that if I did that, all the information would, or could be lost. PLEASE HELP! Thank you.