4G icon keeps appearing in the notification bar

Silvadeen

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
Hello, I have an issue where the 4G icon keeps appearing in the notification bar next to the signal strength icon, even when I have all data turned off, roaming and otherwise. Sometimes it appears when I have Wifi activated, and it keeps draining my mobile data when I don't want it too. The icon will sometimes appear with gray arrows, or with one or both arrows white, and if I try to load a webpage, it will tell me I am not connected. I want to know how I can stop this from happening.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Hello, I have an issue where the 4G icon keeps appearing in the notification bar next to the signal strength icon, even when I have all data turned off, roaming and otherwise. Sometimes it appears when I have Wifi activated, and it keeps draining my mobile data when I don't want it too. The icon will sometimes appear with gray arrows, or with one or both arrows white, and if I try to load a webpage, it will tell me I am not connected. I want to know how I can stop this from happening.
Turn on airplane mode to see if the device still appears - it shouldn't, since airplane mode will disable all wireless activities. Toggle back on then go back into the settings and double check that the mobile networks are in fact turned off. You might want to consider a reboot or factory reset if data is still turning on even when you've disabled everything - be sure to backup your data prior to any factory reset.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch