switching firmware

thatmillerkid

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
i have gingerbread on my mytouch 4g but i wanna go back to the original firmware becuz wifi wont work can any1 help walk me through on how to do this

mcwuppy

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
settings, applications, manage apps, Launcher, clear defaults. (I assume you're talking about the Gingerbread Launcher that you downloaded from Marketplace which isn't a firmware)

mcwuppy

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
But are you talking about the gingerbread launcher that you got from the marketplace or do you have your phone rooted and installed gingerbread?

thatmillerkid

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
it was rooted and installed by some 1 else i just bot the fone and i did the data wipe hard reset but its still the gingerbread os

idk why but when i plug in the phone to the pc it cant install a driver for it

thatmillerkid

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
i found the recovery img for the original firmware all i need to do i beleive is download the terminal app the only way ive seen how to do this is thru market is there anyway of downloading this app by placing it on the sd carD?

i dont have the data plan and the wifi wont work with gingerbread

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Well it looks like you already posted it here. Sorry I skipped over the thread. If you are running gingerbread on your phone I'm going to assume that it's cyanogen. That means that you have the newer version of clockword mod installed which doesn't support Froyo (2.2) ROM's. You need to downgrade that first. Follow the steps in this thread:

[GUIDE] Install ClockWorkMod through ADB - xda-developers

After you do that you can flash a Froyo ROM like THIS one. That should get everything working.

Also I wasn't aware that wifi doesn't work on cyanogen. I'm actually pretty sure that it does work, because I haven't seen reports of anyone having any problems with it.

I haven't actually followed the steps in the threads I posted for you, so I won't be able to explain what's supposed to happen or anything like that. Sorry, I just haven't had the time to give it a spin, but I want to.

thatmillerkid

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
yeah i looked around to and didnt really see anything about wifi not working but when i turn it on it turns off after like 15 seconds and it doesnt even allow me to scan or networks so i cant imagine the problem being anything other than the new firmware

thatmillerkid

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
ok idk wat i did but the wi fi works fine now so i gues im good with the gingerbread platform my only concern is that my fone when i plug it into the comp the driver isnt able to install

Nissan4LIFE

Oct 12, 2010
www.facebook.com
The wifi problem you are experiencing prolly has to do with your router as I have that issue sometimes with my Cisco Linksys E3000 N router where it loses the signal sometimes. Usually what I do is reboot the router and it works fine after that.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
ok idk wat i did but the wi fi works fine now so i gues im good with the gingerbread platform my only concern is that my fone when i plug it into the comp the driver isnt able to install

Which driver? If you can mount the SD card as a disk drive and ADB will recognize your phone you're ok.

I've had phones where windows will tell me the driver didn't install correctly (or successfully or whatever word they use) and I could still do everything I want.