Dot View Case behavior change?

Pat Glennon

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Anybody out there using the Dot View case? I think I've noticed a behavior change (with the latest software update?) that is annoying. But I am not 100% sure I'm not "mis-remembering" the previous behavior.

I seem to remember that when you flipped open the case you would NOT get the prompt to unlock the screen (either pin, password or pattern) Just the locked screen with any notifications showing. But now you are getting the prompt - an it obscures the notifications.

It's as though now when you flip the Dot View case open it's saying, "Oh, hi there. you want to unlock your phone?". But because it's doing this the pattern/pin/password fields are covering the notifications so I can't flip the case open and interact with the notifications without unlocking the device with the scanner or pin/pattern/password. Annoying for sure!

Anybody else seeing this (what I believe to be a) change?

Cynthia Johnston

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
I don't see that, but only because I also have a Sony SW2. Open the case and it pops to my last screen.

But I noticed that behavior pre 6.0.1 on my Sprint model; so no, it's due to either HTC's overlay or Marshmallow itself.